New Field, New Finds...

Mr. Magoo

Feb 5, 2007
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After three months of requesting permission I finally got permission to hunt a set of fields that have home sites scattered across over 200 acres. Spent three hours doing a preliminary hunt running patterns and discovered pottery and brick pieces littering the freshly harvested farm fields. Iron and other odd metal items were found. After searching the first field I moved to another field and found a high rise with a small level area. The area again was covered with pottery and brick. Immediately I hit a large cent (Looks like 1850's-back is good, front is toasted) and then 50 feet away a civilian two piece button. Then came nails and other iron pieces. Not bad for a preliminary hunt. Anyone tell me the age by looking at the pottery pieces? Will be going back next week! Will post more then! HH

Attachments

• glass and pottery.jpg
    glass and pottery.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 96
  • odds and ends.jpg
    odds and ends.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 101
  • large cent front.jpg
    large cent front.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 109
  • large cent back.jpg
    large cent back.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 105
  • civilian button front.jpg
    civilian button front.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 1
I would estimate that your site is around 1810 at the earliest. It has great potential.

Kirk

Congratulations on your Large Cent. With all those pieces of pottery there's bound to be more there!

Thats what I thought Kirk, just wanted to see if I was right. I will be going next week. There has to be old silver somewhere there. The pottery is literally everywhere at what I believe was either a picnic area or an old home site. I will keep you posted!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back