sullymission Jr. Member Joined Feb 9, 2015 Messages 51 Reaction score 84 Golden Thread 0 Location eastern North Carolina Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 30, 2015 #1 Small point has fluting on back Upvote 0
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 30, 2015 #2 Nice finds and on the small one if it was larger I could give it a guess seeing they liked it so much to sharpen it to a nub must of been a good one at one time. Still a nice piece of history.
Nice finds and on the small one if it was larger I could give it a guess seeing they liked it so much to sharpen it to a nub must of been a good one at one time. Still a nice piece of history.
sullymission Jr. Member Joined Feb 9, 2015 Messages 51 Reaction score 84 Golden Thread 0 Location eastern North Carolina Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 30, 2015 Thread Owner #3 Thanks rock, I will put it with the rest of my small bird points.
The Grim Reaper Gold Member Joined Apr 3, 2008 Messages 7,826 Reaction score 7,076 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Ohio Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 30, 2015 #4 Where are they from? That would go a long in helping you ID them.
sullymission Jr. Member Joined Feb 9, 2015 Messages 51 Reaction score 84 Golden Thread 0 Location eastern North Carolina Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 1, 2015 Thread Owner #5 Reaper they are from eastern North Carolina
P ptsofnc Bronze Member Joined Apr 28, 2014 Messages 1,000 Reaction score 957 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 1, 2015 #6 That is a beautiful little point! I found one similar last year and was told it was a peedee pentagonal or jacks reef. Still not completely convinced.
That is a beautiful little point! I found one similar last year and was told it was a peedee pentagonal or jacks reef. Still not completely convinced.
sullymission Jr. Member Joined Feb 9, 2015 Messages 51 Reaction score 84 Golden Thread 0 Location eastern North Carolina Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 1, 2015 Thread Owner #7 Thank you ptsofnc my buddy who goes with me said he thought it was a jacks reef
SCrocks Hero Member Joined May 11, 2013 Messages 954 Reaction score 1,554 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 1, 2015 #8 Nice one! Jacks Reek/Pee Dee on the small one
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 1, 2015 #9 SCrocks said: Nice one! Jacks Reek/Pee Dee on the small one Click to expand... I agree I forgot about those. I find them but most of the ones I find aren't made near that nice.
SCrocks said: Nice one! Jacks Reek/Pee Dee on the small one Click to expand... I agree I forgot about those. I find them but most of the ones I find aren't made near that nice.
Tnmountains Super Moderator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jan 27, 2009 Messages 19,212 Reaction score 12,627 Golden Thread 1 Location South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 1, 2015 #10 Yes on the pentagonal. The last one looks like they were thinking about notching it. I was going to say guilford but that cant be right.
Yes on the pentagonal. The last one looks like they were thinking about notching it. I was going to say guilford but that cant be right.
sullymission Jr. Member Joined Feb 9, 2015 Messages 51 Reaction score 84 Golden Thread 0 Location eastern North Carolina Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 2, 2015 Thread Owner #11 I agree we don't find many notched points in that field. But a lot of really nice flint work points.