What's new

New Fisher/First Texas Coil

CoilFisher

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2011
Messages
977
Reaction score
299
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see the new Fisher Double D 11" coil (F75.) is not epoxy-glass bead (like the CZ's), but lightweight plastic, and the coil covers are a bit lighter in weight.

Ergonomics? Possibly. But, which is going to stand up to a small rock better?
 
Re: New Fisher/First Texas Coils

Think of parts being farmed out to the lowest bidder. (going cheap)
 
Actually, I can see why they may have done this.
You get an 11" coil on the end of that thing that was not a plastic-grade it may be a bit too heavy in the swing.

I have read it is durable.
 
I hope the coil holds up. I like my F75 and the weight as is, however will change to a different coil when forced.
 
If you are hunting rocky structure, get a coil cover, that will protect it from stray bumps and scrapes. If you are sweeping grass and light woods, no problemo, no coil cover needed.
Light weight = good.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom