What's new

New forum suggestion

Sierra Kid

Full Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
138
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300, Falcon MD20
Anyone out there besides me into dry washing for gold. May be an idea for a new forum category.
 
I don't have a drywasher or anything. We were visiting friends in the desert last fall and there is a very deep wash behind their house. We didn't have a detector with us, and it was getting dark. But we hurried and filled two 5-gallon buckets with root, rock and sand to take home to play with. Found what appears to be small garnets. After panning about half the dirt, we got too busy. I was going to dump the second bucket but decided to swing a metal detector over it first. Bing! :o Saving it to play with on a rainy day!

I would love to see a forum on dry washing.
 
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe after dry washing you still have to either pan the concentrates or use a blue bowl or spiral wheel.

Also I understand dry washing is not as efficient as using a sluice box.

Goodyguy~
 
Dry washing is not as effective as a sluice but if there is no water it is not an option to use a sluice so probably more effective there. lol Yes, once you get done with a sluice or drywasher you would want to pan the concentrates....unless, of course, you were finding so many huge nuggets you didn't care about the small stuff. :wink: As with any piece of prospecting equipment you will find some models work more efficiently for you than others depending on conditions where you are and your experience with the equipment. I do not know a lot of folks that use drywashers but I am sure there are some and we could benefit from their knowledge if they had an area to share it. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom