New from NE Ohio

pkr1703

Greenie
Feb 28, 2022
Good morning. I live in the Dover/New Philadelphia area of Tuscarawas County in Ohio. I have always been a local history buff and have decided to try doing some detecting. Been researching detectors and think I am going to get a Minelab Equinox 800 for my first detector. There are a lot of video tutorials and I expect a learning curve. I think I am more interested in relic hunting than park searching. Bouquets Expedition camp 14 (from 1764) site is about a mile from where I live and should be able to get permission to search there. Also want to search the banks of the Tuscarawas River and Sugarcreek. Oh yeah -I will take it with me to Florida each February! Looking forward to learning and sharing on this site and hopefully meet some other local hunters.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning. I live in the Dover/New Philadelphia area of Tuscarawas County in Ohio. I have always been a local history buff and have decided to try doing some detecting. Been researching detectors and think I am going to get a Minelab Equinox 800 for my first detector. There are a lot of video tutorials and I expect a learning curve. I think I am more interested in relic hunting than park searching. Bouquets Expedition camp 14 (from 1764) site is about a mile from where I live and should be able to get permission to search there. Also want to search the banks of the Tuscarawas River and Sugarcreek. Oh yeah -I will take it with me to Florida each February! Looking forward to learning and sharing on this site and hopefully meet some other local hunters.
prk1703 : Let me be the FIRST To welcome you to a VERY FINE FORUM! It is to bad we do not live closer :( I live almost 20 miles away . i live in Malvern Oh .Every time i go down 800 I see all those old places along the Tusc river 0n 800
If i can be of help shoot me your phone number by PM

Gary

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. You will find many people here that are helpful. Some great folks on here. Let me say you are doing the right thing, for relic hunters spend a lot of time doing research. Let me quantify that, SUCCESFUL relic hunters spend a lot of time doing research. You are starting out well and should be very successful. Let me know if I can help. And there are several Equinox folks on here that should be able to help you.

Happy hunting,
Joe

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome from millersburg.
When I got my detector, I went to the beach at Salt Fork SP, this time of year, no one was around, there are lots of targets, easy digging, and you can quickly learn your machine.
I even found an indian head penny, and a gold wedding band there.
Good luck, post some pics.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNet! Looking forward to seeing your finds!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning. I live in the Dover/New Philadelphia area of Tuscarawas County in Ohio...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Ohio for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

OH..POPS

Dec 18, 2021
Medway Ohio
Detector(s) used
Pops old one
Garrett Ace 400
Bounty Hunter
Sharp Shooter II