New guy almost got bit

L

lostlugnut

This looks like a good place for a new fella to learn the ropes. I just started out so the learning curve is almost vertical right now. I got a bounty hunter pioneer 505 last year as a gift. At the time I loved in Colorado and didn't get much time to learn and use it. The Air Force decided they could use me here in Fort Walton Beach, FL so I figured to unpack it and see what it can do. I work shift work so I sleep most of the day. But that means at night (2300 - 0200) there are nearly zero people on the beach and its much cooler. Over the my weekend (it moves around like an old world gypsy) I was at the beach and found 9q 4d 8n 3p about 1 lb of burnt out welding rods (near pier that took a hit from a hurricane a few years ago), loads of pop tops, foil, beer cans, etc. But the most unusual thing found was an upper set of dentures. This gives me something to do late at night so I don't get cabin fever. I have to be quiet the Domestic Goddess gets up around 0600. I hope to learn do's and don'ts, tips and tricks from you guys. I don't have my computer fully functional right now or I would get the digi camera out.

Happy Hunting

Upvote 0

TOWcritter

Welcome to the forum! You definitely found the right place if you have questions about ANY kind of treasure hunting. Hang around here for a while and you'll definitely have the bug! Good luck and post lots of pics.

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Welcome.
I'm a mewbie to MD'ing as well, and you'll find you have to dig a lot of trash for a little treasure.
If you stick with it, its all worth it when you find that first cache or ring, or the lower half to that set of dentures.
;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never loved in Colorado but I did lust there once. I loved in Orlando once which is just down the road from you. If you see any guys with big heads playing the banjo don't tell 'em where I am. ;) JIM

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum, Lost. This is a great forum with a wealth of information and wonderful people. Stay awhile!

R

rvbvetter

With your take of coins, sounds like your doing great. You seem to have really sunk your teeth ....uh... or some ones into it already. Welcome to the forum. HH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard,

Post some finds soon!

HH

Lonewolfe

C

cbbrink

Welcome to the forum. If you hang around here to long you might just retire and start detecting full time. LOL. These guys always post some great Finds that really get the adrenaline Pumping. Ther is always someone with good advice to.

Chuck

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
lmao....that is to wierd...loved in colo....and being a domestic goddess and all.....kind of scary...dont think i will be goin to fl anytime soon
good job
keep swingin
lgp

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum lostlugnut......I like your screen name.....I have found a few of them..........lostlugnuts that is..

OP
OP
L

lostlugnut

I guess I need to proof a tad better before I post. Even thought I met my wife in Colorado that was supposed to be lived. Sorry Guys

J

JackRussell

[color=red]Welcome to Eglin AFB.... :) Lost Lug Nut !!![/color] Good luck huntin!! I've been learning the ropes in fort walton area also.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew it was a typo lugnut, just too good a straight line to pass up. Lord knows my typos are the worse. Welcome to the forum you will enjoy visiting here. I am an ex-flyboy myself once stationed in Orlando at McCoy before they closed it. JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread