electriceye
Jr. Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Hello All-
I posted the below thread in another area but got no replies so I'm hoping someone can answer a few simple questions.
I also have another post (with my first find) but that's a different area. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/todays-finds/300725-very-strange-rock-find-ever-seen-before.html
Well, let's see. I'm a newbie when it comes to detecting, but figure I will learn at my own pace like everyone else. I have been considering the E-Trac (new or used) as it sounds like a good all around purchase. If it is not water proof, however that may be a deal breaker for me as I intend to hit alot of streams, rivers and lake areas. Do they make a waterproof coil for it? The CTX3030 sounds intriuging as well, but not sure I want to fork out that much for my first good detector.
Another possible issue: I have alot of titanium in my body- 17 3" screws, plates and skeletized framework(unfortunately). Is this going to cause an issue with readings even though titanium is non-ferrous? I don't want to sell my beautiful pistol to get a super metal detector only to find I cannot use one...because I'm part terminator now.
I posted the below thread in another area but got no replies so I'm hoping someone can answer a few simple questions.
I also have another post (with my first find) but that's a different area. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/todays-finds/300725-very-strange-rock-find-ever-seen-before.html
Well, let's see. I'm a newbie when it comes to detecting, but figure I will learn at my own pace like everyone else. I have been considering the E-Trac (new or used) as it sounds like a good all around purchase. If it is not water proof, however that may be a deal breaker for me as I intend to hit alot of streams, rivers and lake areas. Do they make a waterproof coil for it? The CTX3030 sounds intriuging as well, but not sure I want to fork out that much for my first good detector.
Another possible issue: I have alot of titanium in my body- 17 3" screws, plates and skeletized framework(unfortunately). Is this going to cause an issue with readings even though titanium is non-ferrous? I don't want to sell my beautiful pistol to get a super metal detector only to find I cannot use one...because I'm part terminator now.

After my rock find I think I'm going to be hooked on detecting as it will get me back outdoors and doing something fun (hopefully). I'm going to be a grandpa in a few more days, and I want to get some time and research under my feet. Before I know it me and the little one may be a junk/treasure finding team!
Thanks again for all the replies! HH






