New guy!

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copy/paste from new member intro's.

Hey there. Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone.

Been a bit of a hunter my entire life and just now at the age of 40 I just got my first detector (Garrett AT pro). After watching a few episodes of "diggers", I had to do it. Its good for getting out and being active and its fun for the whole family.

I'm also into prospecting for gold and am putting together my panning gear and sluice box. Just trying to decide if I want to try one of those underflow sluices since most of the gold here is the real fine stuff. Will be looking for people to head to the hills with and try to get to the areas that aren't as easy to access.

Im also unfamiliar with the state laws concerning where you can go to prospect (permits etc.). Did a hike with the family and found some nice areas but am not even sure I can try to pan there. If anyone has any info or links concerning this it would be of great help.

Anyways, HOWDY! Looking forward to getting out there and finding some treasure!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Howdy from another webfooted TH'er! :hello:

Don't do much coin shooting these days, but when I lived in Bothell
(back in the 90's) I found some great hunting over in the N. Seattle
area parks, and the Ballard area as well. Ballard is the oldest area
of Seattle, but there's been a lot of renovation over the years to the
park areas. Still, there's goodies to be found!

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the welcome Dizzy. Coin shooting is just for fun with the kids and killing some time. My heart is in prospecting though. Working on putting all my gear together now to get out and do some work. Im a beginner but all it takes is heart and drive.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks for the welcome Dizzy. Coin shooting is just for fun with the kids and killing some time. My heart is in prospecting though. Working on putting all my gear together now to get out and do some work. I'm a beginner but all it takes is heart and drive.

Now yer talkin'! Gear? A short shovel, couple classifiers, sucker bottle plus a good pan or two
and you're in business..:icon_thumright:

Drop me a PM if you get a free day to prospect.

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
I'm also in the Olympia area if anyone is looking to go prospecting I know a couple spots that will put a lil yellow in your pan PM me.

Mr. Magoo

Feb 5, 2007
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey. Welcome to T-net. I have been here in Lynnwood for about six months and have found many treasure hunters near us. I am always looking for a hunting partner to go detect with me for a number of reasons. One: It's no fun going alone. Two: when you find something great you need to share the excitement. Three: you never learn everything and by hunting with someone else you learn different stuff. Four: It's safer. Five: you make great friends most times.
So with all that said, if you get the itch to go dig in a park, beach or other give me a jingle and let's get together. There is more than enough treasure for everyone. I don't know alot of places but where I do you are welcome. Again, welcome to t-net!

Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread