New Here!

SarahSaru

Greenie
Jan 3, 2018
East Point, GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! :hello:
I introduced myself yesterday, but I thought I would repost this here, for GA.

New to MDing. I'm super excited, and ready to get started.
I live in Atlanta, GA and have several spots I'm ready to check out.
I also have a few spots over in Alabama I am interested in.
But I'm doing my research into the laws and some things I just can't find any information. I've read a ton of web pages regarding the laws, and have a basic understanding of where not to MD.
I'm hoping to find some locals that have a better idea of where I'm aloud to detect.
I'm curious about local cities around Atlanta, plus waterways / lakes in North GA.
What about army corps of engineers land? Probably off limits, but I'm not sure.
Also, regarding Alabama. What about lakes / streams/ rivers in Alabama? Some of the lakes are really low right now, and I'v seen a few spots that I'd like to try MDing.

I know State lands are off limits. I'm not looking to hunt in historical places, graves or anything like that.
My parents live in North Ga and we travel up there all the time. We drive back roads regularly and have seen many places that we would like to MD in.

Anyone?
Thanks!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, if I'm ever up there I'll post it here.

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Grovetown, it's just outside of Augusta.

ATPRoDon

Nov 26, 2007
Griffin, GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI, Whites V3i, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Metal Detecting group I started in Middle Georgia, south of Atlanta if your interested.

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested, at benning as well.

Bates

Jul 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live about 15 miles south of Griffin Georgia. I can't find another girl that's even remotely interested in treasure hunting I'd even be willing to let you detect on my property which was once part of lifsey Springs Resort a hotel it was built in the 1800s I have an older metal detector and it just beeps all the time because there's a lot of nails and stuff but if you have a newer one I'd love to have a friend that's interested in the same things that I am

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm not a girl, but would love to come detect your property with you and I have an extra good metal detector. I'm good at finding old maps and doing research of areas as well :)

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm not a girl, but would love to come detect your property with you and I have an extra good metal detector. I'm good at finding old maps and doing research of areas as well :)
I can definitely vouch for him on his research and gear.

jsmithbm

Feb 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to the club from Lagrange area. I'm looking to get out in the am for some cold weather Md'ing.

BUSTEDACES

Dec 11, 2020
roberta ga
Detector(s) used
minelab ctx 3030 ,orx xp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! :hello:
I introduced myself yesterday, but I thought I would repost this here, for GA.

New to MDing. I'm super excited, and ready to get started.
I live in Atlanta, GA and have several spots I'm ready to check out.
I also have a few spots over in Alabama I am interested in.
But I'm doing my research into the laws and some things I just can't find any information. I've read a ton of web pages regarding the laws, and have a basic understanding of where not to MD.
I'm hoping to find some locals that have a better idea of where I'm aloud to detect.
I'm curious about local cities around Atlanta, plus waterways / lakes in North GA.
What about army corps of engineers land? Probably off limits, but I'm not sure.
Also, regarding Alabama. What about lakes / streams/ rivers in Alabama? Some of the lakes are really low right now, and I'v seen a few spots that I'd like to try MDing.

I know State lands are off limits. I'm not looking to hunt in historical places, graves or anything like that.
My parents live in North Ga and we travel up there all the time. We drive back roads regularly and have seen many places that we would like to MD in.

Anyone?
Thanks!

hello im lookin for a hunting buddy i live in midle ga area but dont mind travelin to where ever to go hunting i just got back from myrtal beach sc ive been researching places in ga to go hunt if you like o go hunting you can email or call or text every which is good w you my email is fordhamjrj@yahoo,com phn 478-297-8161 thanks and god bless ray fordham

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello im lookin for a hunting buddy i live in midle ga area but dont mind travelin to where ever to go hunting i just got back from myrtal beach sc ive been researching places in ga to go hunt if you like o go hunting you can email or call or text every which is good w you my email is fordhamjrj@yahoo,com phn 478-297-8161 thanks and god bless ray fordham

Welcome from all the way over in Grovetown (just outside of Augusta). Hope you enjoy the hobby and I'm always willing to travel to get some swinging time in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread