New hobbie

Buffalo Hunter

Feb 14, 2007
WV
Hello to everyone
Just registered on the site and thought I would intoduce myself and say a big Howdy. I have been hunting ever since I was big enough to tramp around in the outdoors and never thought the day would come that I would find a anything I loved more,but last summer a friend talked me into buying a Md and now seems like i I'm going to be doing a different kind of hunting ! Anyhow I've been reading all the post on this site for a while now and decided this is where I need to come for questions and advice.Thanks for a great site.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome aboard Buffalo,

Glad to have you with us. This is a great site to learn and meet great people.

karen

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2007
Sunbury, Pa.
Hello Buffalo..
I'm new to the forum too. I've been hanging around here reading posts....and find this all so interesting. I'm looking for a good, but easy to use MD...still can't decide what to buy yet. I'm also interested in starting a new hobby....and it's treasure hunting!
Welcome to the forum.... ;D

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Karen and Buffalo Hunter! If you need anything on here, feel free to ask!

OP
OP
Buffalo Hunter

Buffalo Hunter

Feb 14, 2007
WV
THANKS FOR THE WELCOME
Karen I started with a bounty hunter last summer but already broke down and sprung for a GTI1500,my buddy has one and I like it, mine just came last week ,if it would warm up some around here maybe I could get out and play.Just my 2 cents but I bought my 15 year old son an ace 250 to get started with everyone I have talked to says they are a very good machine.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Karen and buffalo!!!!

Welcome Aboard!!

This is the premere site for all things metal detecting! If there is anything that you want to know about treasure hunting this is the place to ask. Everyone here is wonderful and so willing to share pointers and ideas about how to best find treasures in the ground, your gonna love it here, I know I do!!

Karen, you can also look at the whites Prizm series, they are great machines as well

www.whiteselectronics.com

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hey, Buff & Karen: Welcome to TNet! We're here to help Newbies out! Keep us up to date on your finds tho! That means lots of Pics!

Karen: You'll hear this alot, but the Garrett Ace 250 is a great machine! Reasonably priced too!

HH Joe

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNet! You'll have a great time here!

Nat

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
For the money ($200.00) definetly a ace 250 then you can decide if you wanna stick with it, or graduate, and spend the big bucks, If you dont the ace makes a great all round user and, or, always resells for 200.00 on ebay, myself, I found so much great stuff with the ace 250 I got hooked and went to a more expensive machine (explorer SE), but to date havent put the coil on the ground yet, just got it yesterday. ;D

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
BH,

welcome to the board.

Hope we will be seeing some of your finds
soon.

have a good un...........................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread