Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I Found Our Mail Carrier's Keys

Despite the snowstorm we had yesterday and the bitter cold that followed, I actually had a chance to use my detector today.

My son told me that our mail carrier was at the door and asked to use our cell phone. When I asked him why she needed it, he told me she lost her mail truck's keys in the snow.

I came out immediately and the first thing I said was, "Would you happen to know the general area you lost them?" She said yes, so I said, "I have a metal detector, I'll be right there!"

I asked my son to get my machine while I got my shoes on. We both followed her down the street into a neighbor's yard and began to search by some bushes where she thought she had lost them. I checked the area, and in less than a minute I got a beep and pulled out her keys. She had actually pushed them further down into the ground while she tried searching for them herself..they were nowhere near the surface of the snow.

She said she had already started the day off badly because earlier this morning her personal vehicle had a flat tire, so finding the keys definitely made her day a little bit better and it made me feel pretty good as well!

Nat

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: I Found Our Mail Carrier's Keys

I can read the headline now

"Metal Detectorist saves the US Mail"

Great job Nat your a good samaritan!!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

Great Job Nat. You have represented our hobby well. Keep up the great job.

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks much everyone, I truly appreciate it..I didn't think I'd be using it again until after the big thaw (the weather pattern's supposed to change here next week..woohoo!)

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread