New Job!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Well... I just accepted a job offer back into the USAF... as a civilian in charge of training all security forces stationed here at Malmstrom AFB. I'll have a staff of eight people working for me and am pretty sure there is a nuclear surety inspection soon after I start... LMAO

I'll be under the new NSPS system and start September 15th. :icon_sunny: I'm pretty damned excited to have made it through that crazy hiring process.

I applied for this job a year ago! :icon_scratch:

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations, and welcome to the wacky and wonderful world of Civil Service.
I am just weeks away from Civil Service Retirement under the old CSRS (not FEARS) Lol, so I should be out processing at about the same time that you are in processing. It's been a good gig for the most part. However, I am looking forward to getting that Retirement check, and not having to put up with the BS anymore.

Tom

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
May be a tough job. If it wasn't a challange it would bore us silly. Good luck and
hope you enjoy the work. Gnewt

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
wreckdiver1715 said:
It's been a good gig for the most part. However, I am looking forward to getting that Retirement check, and not having to put up with the BS anymore.

Tom

Thats how I felt about my military job... :)  Now it's back into the same thing as a civilian!  At least I can wear my earring and grow a beard... LOL  Congrats on your retirement!

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone... I'm look forward to the next retirement already!  :tongue3:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG, I don't know whether to congratulate you Jim or feel sorry for you. :tongue3: I think the one thing that I despised the most in my 36 years was getting ready for ORE's/ORI's/UCI's/MEI's/AFI's/NCI's and even lowly Staff Assistance visits............ DON"T MISS ANY OF IT, but for you, good luck and I am sure you will love the security of the full time job and the bonus of already getting your Military Retirement. :)

GOOD LUCK JIM and may your new Civilian career be a good one.

Don

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Don in SJ said:
OMG, I don't know whether to congratulate you Jim or feel sorry for you. :tongue3: I think the one thing that I despised the most in my 36 years was getting ready for ORE's/ORI's/UCI's/MEI's/AFI's/NCI's and even lowly Staff Assistance visits............ DON"T MISS ANY OF IT, but for you, good luck and I am sure you will love the security of the full time job and the bonus of already getting your Military Retirement. :)

GOOD LUCK JIM and may your new Civilian career be a good one.

Don

Yea... I know Don! Those damned inspections... LOL :tard: I've never had an issue with my programs passing.

I think also, this time around - watching all the others in uniform freak out will be funny - and, if they want me to stay late - it'll cost 'em! :thumbsup: cha-ching... LMAO :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread