PA Veterans compensation for Gulf War & WWII Merchant Marines

bluecat

Feb 21, 2007
PA Veterans compensation for Gulf War & WWII Merchant Marines

I recently seen a newspaper article from PA. If anyone is a Gulf War Veteran or a Merchant Marine from WWII that has Pennsylvania listed on their DD214 as there home of record they qualify for compensation. The amounts vary depending on how long you served in the combat theatres. You may qualify for around $500-600. Go to the PA Dept of Veterans Affairs web site for the application forms.

I have a Great Uncle who is 92 and was a Merchant Marine during WWII from PA and he was never notified of this. He filled out the application and is waiting for the check in the mail. Isn't it convenient that the bill for the WWII vets was passed just a couple of years ago. How many vets are actually left from WWII??

Please pass the word about this for all of the Veterans.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: PA Veterans compensation for Gulf War & WWII Merchant Marines

PA has always been very good to their vets... they get free state payed college too... right?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: PA Veterans compensation for Gulf War & WWII Merchant Marines

I say thank you to the great state of penn -- from us merchant marines --- I'm a double gulf war "non" vet according to the us govt--- twice awarded the US Merchamt Marine Expeditionary Award ( cert / paper) for "service" in both gulf wars (ammo ship the first --jet fuel hauler the second time) --but if I want the actual medals --according to the govt I have to "buy" them myself -- since they do not "issue" them to merchant marines . --- I have the certs framed and hanging on my walls -- the certs mean I'm entitled to own and wear the medals --- but I have no "actual" medals -- since I REFUSE to BUY my medals that the govt rightfully owes me. --- Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread