What's new

New - Lexington, KY

GreatElb

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
40
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

I'm new to the sport, but looking to get started. I do not have a MD yet, but have my eyes on one along with a pointer. I know that the odds are not in my favor to find something to recoup the cost, but that's ok.

I'm just looking for something to do with my free time and someone or a group to hunt with and help teach me the sport. Tips about locations to hunt etc.

Any takers?
 
I will link you to some early maps to get you started. Go buy the detector...you will not regret it. Pointer not really necessary.
 
Awesome, look forward to the early map links.
 
Will be tuesday or Wednesday, bear with me. If you have a specific area that you want to see, let me know.
 
No rush, I just ordered my MD this morning after watching videos all night on YouTube. Primary focus for me is in and around Lexington. I'm looking into other areas in southeastern KY as well, but that's for a different day!
 
Here ya go.....
 

Attachments

  • txu-pclmaps-topo-ky-georgetown-1906.webp
    txu-pclmaps-topo-ky-georgetown-1906.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 346
I also have the Sanborn Fire Maps for downtown Lexington (1886) but I can't figure out how to post PDF files from my hard drive to a thread here on Tnet.....
 
Thanks for the links, I will have to check them out later tonight when I get time. I'll send you a PM shortly w/ my email if you are still willing to share the pdf's.
 
No rush, I just ordered my MD this morning after watching videos all night on YouTube. Primary focus for me is in and around Lexington. I'm looking into other areas in southeastern KY as well, but that's for a different day!

Howdy GreatEIb,

Welcome to treasure net. Where are you wanting to hunt in southeastern KY. I'm from Corbin. I moved to Glasgow KY three years ago, but I do visit often. I'm fairly new to metal detecting. If you want to organize a hunt just let me know.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting,

Brian T. Booth
 
Im from Corbin as well!! and also new to metal detecting
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom