NEW MD

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
I'm getting ready to upgrade my Discovery 2000, its been fine for junk and clad and even some cheap jewlery, but I want something for deeper penetration, one that will work on dry as well as wet sand; salt and fresh water, and would be suitable for using to find gold in what ever form. I'm not much into relics right now, but perhaps in the future if I end up moving out of country. I know there are a thousand opinions from every tone as what's their best choice.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Gold machines are somewhat different. Do you want an all purpose that CAN find gold or one that is DESIGNED to find gold? Gold is tough.

Daryl

OP
OP
C

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
one that CAN find gold, but not soley dedicated to just gold. Budget...well that's what savings accounts are for ;D

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Well get ready for everybody to tell you their favorite detector (usually the one they have). ;D

I would say that if you look at detectors in the retail range of about $750 - $1000 you'll be good. You won't have to up upgrade any time soon. I think it is going to boil down to personal preference so going to a real store and putting some detectors in your hands is about the only way to go. That way you get the feel for the unit and what the display shows you.

Have fun. It's almost like shopping for shoes. :D

Daryl

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Calworks,

good luck on your search.

If you can, try out the detector. What folks
say and what your read is not what you should
base your decision on. Feel the machine.

"Deeper penetration", is not everything. It's not
how deep you go, it's how you use your machine.

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread