What's new

New member, GREAT find

Cherryman68

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
538
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Ok So I've been lurking these forums for a while and have just now got around to joining. Just in time to share my AWSOME find yesterday.


I hit a couple of banks in a town down the road from me, with a few 40%, the last bank that told me they had halfs I noticed a credit union next door. After getting my two year old to ask the teller for "haf doolars" they informed me they had $90 worth. I bought them and continued down my way. My daughter was getting hungry so I stopped and got her something to eat at sonic, in waiting for the food I went through a couple of rolls with mixed luck. then I grab one roll that was marked "1942 Walking liberty."

My first thought is "yeah right! I found someones dumps." So I open it and right on top is LADY LIBERTY followed by her 19 sisters! I'm on cloud nine baby! My first silver roll in less than a month of hunting! i'm just holding them about to cry. Then I hide those in my car and continue on to the remaning 5 rolls, first three had 7 40% total then another roll marked "1943 walking liberty!"

These coins had been "in the safe a long time" and boy was I glad to take them off their hands!


NOTE: one of each date is missing. I had to give my brother in law/ cohunter 1 each to stop him from stabbing me in my sleep....
 

Attachments

  • coins.webp
    coins.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 386
Upvote 0
Welcome to TreasureNet, glad ya finally joined us.

Nice score on all the WLH's and the other silvers. Hope you find many more! :thumbsup:

Chris
 
Welcome to the land of posters!!!! Great score!!! :thumbsup:
 
Thanks guys! I got about a roll of 40% that day also all together. brings my total to 3 franklins 3 64's 40 libertys and about 7 rolls of 40% this year.

I seriously almost had a heart attack lol
 
Way to go. I know you are hooked for life now. :thumbsup:

The Trezurhunter.
 
Those are such beautiful coins......and so many of them.......and for face value!!
Great work!
- Grizz
 
Mentone Grizz said:
Those are such beautiful coins......and so many of them.......and for face value!!
Great work!
- Grizz

YES! and it was mixed from all three mints. Got good coins from all the mints from both years! Nice addition to my collection. Can't wait to find more 40% to sell for money to go towards my metal detector. I like how this addiction pays for my other addiction! And when I retire in 39 1/2 years I'll be able to do this FULL TIME! lol
 
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
 
You can feed you daughter many many times over with that kind of find!!! Congrats!
 
Very nice job on all of the walking liberty half dollars! :)
 
Welcome
Any day with Walkers is a beautiful day.

Excellent score!!!!!!!! :o
 
kbinski said:
You can feed you daughter many many times over with that kind of find!!! Congrats!

Yeah and I thought my wife would be mad I was spending money on sonic fast food instead of eating at home! She does not quite understand my "crazy hobby." But she does understand what SILVER is lol
 
Great score. If we find rolls like that we might need a defibulator kept around the house.

Congratulations. What a feeling.

Mojo
 
I have no words

DW
 
This is madnesssssssssssssss!!! Almost surreal. Congrats on your finds! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom