Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2021
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello To All.

I am new to the forum and love exploring. I live in the Sacramento area and have been gathering skills and ideas for my trips into the field. I just purchased a new Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300. I have a sluice and panning tools. I really want to spend more time outdoors and always have an adventure ready to go. Love researching and following history to find new spots. After a little time spent solo with my metal detector, I would like to find a few member that would like to meet up to cover more ground and share experiences. I hope you and your families are well!

Regards,
XplorMor

tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum:California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I definitely will be looking into a club in my area.

Welcome and Good luck from Texas :wave:

Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat::occasion14: :headbang:

Welcome to TNet! :hello:
Nick

Welcome to Tnet .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..:hello:

Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Howdy!

The California Division of Mines & Geology has published some excellent books on our Golden State.

Here's just one example of a first-rate reference:

[h=1]Geologic guidebook along Highway 49, Sierran gold belt : the Mother Lode country

Catalog Record: Geologic guidebook along Highway 49, Sierran... | HathiTrust Digital Library

Here's a list of quite a few of them:

California. Division of Mines and Geology | The Online Books Page (upenn.edu)[/h]
You can't beat the price - or the wealth of useful information here.

Here's some basic information on gold in California:

CGS-Note-24.pdf (ca.gov)

The roster of available publications on page 2 is well worth taking a look at.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Howdy!

The California Division of Mines & Geology has published some excellent books on our Golden State.

Geologic guidebook along Highway 49, Sierran gold belt : the Mother Lode country

Catalog Record: Geologic guidebook along Highway 49, Sierran... | HathiTrust Digital Library

California. Division of Mines and Geology | The Online Books Page (upenn.edu)

CGS-Note-24.pdf (ca.gov)

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo
Great information provided above by Bookaroo, I sure wish I had this kind of info when I started detecting. :notworthy:

Welcome to the Tnet forum from Toronto, Canada. :wave:
Lots of great folks here willing to offer you advice and support if you need it.

Dave

Howdy!

[h=1]Geologic guidebook along Highway 49, Sierran gold belt : the Mother Lode country

California. Division of Mines and Geology | The Online Books Page (upenn.edu)[/h]

CGS-Note-24.pdf (ca.gov)

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Wow! Thank you for the lead on some good resources and warm welcome.

Great information provided above by Bookaroo, I sure wish I had this kind of info when I started detecting. :notworthy:

Welcome to the Tnet forum from Toronto, Canada. :wave:
Lots of great folks here willing to offer you advice and support if you need it.

Dave

Agreed! Sharing the adventure is much appreciated. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Welcome to the forum form your neighbor to the north... northeastern Oregon!

Welcome to Tnet, from (extreme) Northern Calif...! ~yep, THE State of Jefferson...!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back