New Member Recent Finds

theegypt

Greenie
Dec 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, I am new to the forum and have been buying and selling for just a few years. In the past couple of months, I have started going to local thrift stores and garage sales to do some hunting. This seems to be the best and most active forum in this genre, and I am looking forward to sharing what I know (very little) and expanding my knowledge base on anything and everything. In this thread I will share my finds from my first yard saleing trip since I was a little kid.

1. Guitar Tab Books: Paid: $10 Sold: $50
My first and probably best find of the day was a lot of vintage guitar tab books. I got 6 books total, 3 beatles, 1 led zeppellin, 1 van halen, and 1 nirvana for $10. Recently sold on ebay for $50

2. Levi Jeans: Paid: $2.50 Sold: $11
3. Polo Jeans: Paid: $2.50
4. Monopoly Disney Edition Complete Game in Great Condition: Paid: $2
5. Some random Yankee Candles for 25 cents each (the very small ones, and 1 of the small ones)
I will hold on to the candles til I find some more and probably lot them up, and will get around to selling the other things sometime soon.

6. Set of 3 Magnifiers? Paid: $1 Bought this as a gamble and also because I think they look cool. If they are not worth anything, I will just display them somewhere and might even use them from time to time. Did a little bit of research and couldn't find any other examples. Pretty much 3 circular magnifiers with no handle, metal around the edge, and lens in the middle. Stackable with small, medium, and large. letters (LR) on one of the edges. This buy at least prompted me to do a little research and be on the lookout for magnifiers with bausch and lomb lenses! Will try to post picture when I get home just in case anyone knows what these are.

Nothing too huge but was fun and got a little bit of profit!

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! You can learn so much just by going through the old threads around here. Knowledge is definitely power in this game. Happy Hunting!!

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In reguards to the magnifiers, are they threaded on the inside of metal holders? They might be slip/screw on cap lenses for an old camera.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread