What's new

New Member

mjhsr

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Plains
Hello to all!

Been a member for a couple of weeks but finally got the nerve to post something..........

I was bored one night when the History Channel Jesse James Treasure show came on. I hesitate to confess that this was what gave me treasure fever since I have read some less than "two thumbs up" reviews by treasure hunters out there but here is the deal:

Those symbols I saw reminded me of symbols I ran across in a small cave where I used to play as a kid. Back then I just knew the "cavemen" had carved them but since watching that special I have gone back to that place and found that there are quite a few more symbols that I never saw as a kid and that they make no sense. My avatar picture shows the one that I remembered as a kid. No idea what it means.

I tried telling my story to a couple of people that I know but it is so unimaginable to the average Joe that there might be buried treasure out there that they just laugh. Hence, you all are my new support group. :hello2:

So anyway, now I am trying to absorb all that I can find regarding treasure symbol identification and meaning.

By the way, anyone know of a good metal detector for starting out?
 
:hello: Welcome! Hope to see some of your treasures soon!
 
Welcome to the hobby and addiction. All of us started somewhere. I think I got mine from looking for four leaf clovers as a lil kid and it got worse from there. As for what detector should you start with it depends on if you want a meter or not. Tesoro Silver Umax is a good starting detector and many experinced hunters use it too. Many like the Garrett Ace 250 as it has a lot of features for the price. Just stick to the major brands and you will do OK for learning.
 
WELCOME
 

Attachments

  • X-Star.webp
    X-Star.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 167
  • X-Star.webp
    X-Star.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 176
Thank you all for the warm welcome as well as the suggestions for metal detectors and symbol research!

Hopefully I can provide some updates one of these days!
 
Welcome. I like my Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II.
Simple to use and i think it is great for ppl just starting out. (like me)
 
when you buy a MD go for quality like the Ace 250, like sandman said, it's arguably the best for the money and features
 
Welcome aboard!

Tom
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom