What's new

New metal detector garrett

dusty1530

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
417
Reaction score
206
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking about buying a new metal detector preferably a garrett and I'm wondering which 1 would you all recommend for all around purpose I live by the ocean but I'm not always at the beach and I'll think about purchasing a Garrett
 
The ATPro or an Infinnium
 
I have just ordered a Garrett Ace 250
It was between the ACE & the Fisher F2.
Fisher looked good but a bit ott on the readouts for me....
Time will tell.
Reviews on the Garrett seem good....
Good luck & HH

Fuzz.
 
Don't know about the Infinim but I have an AT Pro and it is a fast response machine and goes deep enough for me. Don't know about the beach seen but would recommend for and all around use machine. I've taken 2 trophy's with it in the last 3 years....I love it! Need to know anything else about it let me know.
 
I am thinking about buying a new metal detector preferably a garrett and I'm wondering which 1 would you all recommend for all around purpose I live by the ocean but I'm not always at the beach and I'll think about purchasing a Garrett
at pro for sure.
 
AT-PRO....5x8 Coil
 
What about the one that has gold in the name
 
I have the AT pro but I have read that the Gold is no good for the beach.
 
AT Pro is a good all around machine, I have one, but it isn't very efficient in wet salt sand. Dry sand good, land good, and easy enough to learn. Infinium is great in the wet salt sand or water, but it is a PI and doesn't discriminate well. I think the Minelab multi frequency machines are really the best all around machines.
 
Like everyone else said.... The best bang for the buck in the Garrett line is the AT Pro.... :thumbsup:
 
Like everyone else said.... The best bang for the buck in the Garrett line is the AT Pro.... :thumbsup:

I agree with Keith. I had someone stop me while detecting last week and he wanted a mid-price, good all around detector, WITH a readout and this is what I recommended to him.
 
Dusty, one of the best machines for our Texas beaches is the Minelab Excalibur II, but the AT Pro works well. You just have to ground balance moving from dry to wet and back. Give me a call if I can answer any questions, we have some great packages on special!

Wayne
(832) 928-9135
www.metaldetectingstuff.com
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom