What's new

New Mexico trade token

Trashpicker

Greenie
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
NM
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS, Explorer II with X-1 Probe ,Minelab Eureka Gold
It seems you never find a trade token in the town it is from...that has been my findings anyway. Here is a San Pedro, NM trade token I found in another ghost town in NM. very unexpected, but who expects to find a token anyway! It turned out I had just gotten a new 12x15 SEF butterfly coil for my Minelab explorer II and thought I would go try it out at the ghost town near my house. I wasnt there more than half hour when this turned up....dont know if it was the coil or just luck, but I was glad to find it and it is a pretty nice looking find.
Thanks for looking and good luck hunting.
Trashpicker
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1850.webp
    IMG_1850.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_1851.webp
    IMG_1851.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 382
i don't know if it's rare or not but it is one of the best looking tokens.
it wasn't long ago when tokens were just fun to find.
now it's possible to find one of value more so than coins!!!!

congrats.
 
Congrats. That token is nice
 
Nice token! It is listed in Billy Kiser's NM Trade Tokens book #1 with the notation thatDomonik Garbagni's saloon was ca. 1902-11.
John in ID
 
Hello: Isnit for $ale?
 
I bet that new coil will suck a few more out of there if the town had a few bars. They are one of my favorites to find. Those tokens give such a nice tone, they sure sing out in those old ghost towns!! Happy Hunting down there, what a great area to detect in! I found a couple a few days ago both from nearby towns but toasted. That alluminum corrodes fast. When they come out of the ground like that your lucky! (Oops thread is 10 years old)
 
Last edited:
Thats freakin awesome tokens are better than most coins in my book. Thats a sweet find and great info given also
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom