New Montana member

Dec 4, 2014
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug DP, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks. Nice to meet you all. I've been metal detecting on a limited basis for several years and now that winter is set in up here I am kicking myself for not getting out more last summer! I have yet to find any silver but I have found many other interesting things along the way. I am a history buff as well and really enjoy dating my finds and learning as much as possible about each and every one. I enjoy the research time I get in the winter and putting boots on the ground come spring.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Montana for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :hello:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to a great forum! Where are you located in Montana? I'm not far south of SW Montana.
Jim

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sister has a place near Glacier. She loves it. She wants me to visit next summer. Told her to let me know what day that would be and I'd think about it. Welcome to TNet and good hunting...

OP
OP
M
Dec 4, 2014
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug DP, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to a great forum! Where are you located in Montana? I'm not far south of SW Montana.
Jim

North of Whitefish about 40 miles or so. There isn't much for old history around here, consequently not much chance for great finds. I try to get out of here in the summer and explore the old ghost towns and mining sites in Idaho since that is where I am from originally.

oldsmith

Mar 13, 2014
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold, Garrett propointer, teknetics t2 se, tessoro sand shark,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet, you have a beautiful state, good luck from a neighbor just north of you.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
North of Whitefish about 40 miles or so. There isn't much for old history around here, consequently not much chance for great finds. I try to get out of here in the summer and explore the old ghost towns and mining sites in Idaho since that is where I am from originally.
I enjoy detecting the old mine sites myself....good luck!
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread