What's new

New old button? Military?

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
323
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this today for a quarter, from the second hand store, for my military button collection. My feelings are, that it is from the WW I area. Anybody else have one or seen one?
Thanks for your time. Arid.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0235.webp
    DSCN0235.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCN0236.webp
    DSCN0236.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 281
Not 100% sure but I think it's Prussian and am pretty sure it's WWI
 
Upvote 0
So what would the "FR" in the middle stand for?
 
Upvote 0
Sorry I can't help you with the FR. I really don't know that much about that type of button but was going by the type of eagle and the construction of the button. Sorry I can't be of more help.
 
Upvote 0
Arid-Zone-A-seeker said:
So what would the "FR" in the middle stand for?

My thought: France. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
Not 100% sure but I think it's Prussian and am pretty sure it's WWI
Va,, Thanks, your post lead me to a morning of looking,,,,
German Empire Units, Prussian NCO ranks button, Circa 1915, This size 30mm shows to be a sergeantenkopfe, or Sargent, A smaller size of 23mm would be a gefreiterknopfe, or a Lance Corporal rank. The eagle is the emblem on the flag 1892-1918, The FR is Frederick, Regent,,,,or Frederick William I King. You were pretty close There, SPOOKY
Thanks to alll, Arid
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom