OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I just had a thought....Maybe its one of those things that go on pipes or tubes? forget what they are called....but it would have been circular with the two things on the end sticking up.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
No one knows what im talking about ??? on alot of older lawnmower engines there is a thing where you have to pinch two little tabs with pliers, slip it over the rubber tube then let go and it clamps the rubber tube to the pipe. Can't seem to find a pic anywhere :-\ Could this be a form of one of those?

Upvote 0

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
Doesn't look like it'd work for that. Looks soft, like copper, more of a strap retainer or something.

Attachments

• clamp.jpg
    clamp.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 562
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
a flat band hose clamp! thats what its called :P Your right...copper doesnt have enough spring to it for this purpose. So what is it?

Upvote 0

AKiwi

Aug 4, 2005
Hastings, NZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500
It looks like a strap off a battery.....for joining a row of batteries together.....neg to pos

Cheers Paul

Upvote 0

ClamBob

Jan 24, 2005
Florida East Coast
Looks like an older style plumbing pipe hanger. If it is squeezed together, you would see how a pipe could be inserted between the two sides and turned 90 degrees to latch on. Copper hangers are always used on copper pipes due to electrolysis. I must admit, though, I can't see how it would have been supported unless a screw was driven straight through it.

HH,
BobJ

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Thanks for the info ;) I know, no place to hang it unless it was wraped around a screw or something? I dunno...keep guesssing ;D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
what are these type of batteries used for? I found it next to the new addition we put onto our house so its possible one of the workers dropped it and its not old.

Upvote 0

AKiwi

Aug 4, 2005
Hastings, NZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500
Here in NZ they are used on batteries (stationery) with high drain output.
If it was dropped by a worker.....don't know what it is? :-\

Upvote 0
S

Selma Hunter1

If you bend it again it will break. Try to make an outline of it in thin cardboard, then "try-fit" the shapes. The answer may be a little easier to find.

These things are far more interesting than the usual debris - and sometimes valuable. I was reviewing a friends "junk" box recently and found a "folded over" Maltese cross - it was a valuable and scarce Union Corps badge from the war of northern agression. He was delighted with the find!

Have a super diggin day!

Upvote 0

Narked1

Oct 11, 2005
Alexandria, Egypt
My guess would be a cable or pipe clamp. Notice in pic #3 the straght line etched into the copper? That may be from a nail being driven into the wall through the clamp after it was bent around the cable or pipe. Just a guess tho'

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread