What's new

New (Old) School Yields Eight Rings, Bling, and a Medal!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
3,966
Reaction score
8,893
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an older school on the map that has a park attached to it. Waited in the truck for about an hour the rain to stop, then hit it hard yesterday afternoon and this morning. The lawn surrounding the playground, the soccer field, and the softball diamond gave up the goods. Eight rings (one broken) including two sterling beauties. One silver ring is gold plated in the shape of a cross, and is marked .925. The little Pegasus ring is sterling and marked .925 also.
pegasus1.webppegasus2.webppegasus3.webp

There are three kiddie bling rings, (One broken in the plug,) three men's rings, including a black tungsten, an 18KGF bling, and an old, plated brass ring.

Other jewelry included a turtle pendant, a twin skulls pendant, a skull-Ace card earring, and an "H" heart pendant.

pegasus4.webp

The relic of the day was this 1930's-40's American Legion Medal for Citizenship. I found both pieces about 10" from each other in the middle of the soccer field. The ribbon had long rotted away in the soil. I am posting a photo of the same type of medal as it was when new.

pegasus5.webp americanlegionmedal.webp

This hunt brings my ring count up to eighteen this month, with four being sterling. I also gleaned $15.00 in clad for charity from this school alone! Once again, thanks for perusing my posts. I wish everyone Happy Hunting and always enjoy viewing your finds. Sub 8-)
 
Last edited:
Upvote 60
Great outing Sub. The 8 rings are nice, but I really like that American Legion medal.
 
Now that is a very productive hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Nice medal! It's really cool you found both parts. I think I'd find a replacement ribbon and put it back together
 
That is a great hunt wow I would be very happy!!!!!!
 
Wow 8 rings in one hunt .. That's awesome!!
 
You found the place where all the rings get lost ! Love them rings ! Congrats !
Glen
 
Congrats on a great hunt, hope you have many more
 
Very well done Sub. That's a bunch of rings! Best of luck to you!
 
Great job Sub and I like it that you save your clad for charity,great idea.
 
Kinda fun when a place, the experience, the equipment all sort of line up, ain't it. ;)

Excellent saves!
 
Nice haul on the rings Sub....:occasion14:
 
I see your still in the zone Sub. :notworthy: Keep it up.
 
Congratz! That was a great hunt!
 
Great stuff!!!! Congrats on those finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom