What's new

New one cent design being announced tomorrow

I wonder what metal(s) they'll use? Any thoughts?
 
Very cool news.

I have wondered how long until each coin recieved a permanent makeover. The current designs have been around for a very long time. I think they are long overdue for a change.
 
Here is what the new penny for 2009 will look like.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_41.webp
    ScreenHunter_41.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 299
  • ScreenHunter_42.webp
    ScreenHunter_42.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 314
  • ScreenHunter_43.webp
    ScreenHunter_43.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 313
  • ScreenHunter_44.webp
    ScreenHunter_44.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 302
To bad it wasn't on a bigger coin. I think it would be an awesome looking proof.
 
STDevil said:
I wonder what metal(s) they'll use? Any thoughts?

I bet it will be the same as they currently use - electroplated zinc.
 
mcgearhead said:
Where does it say in God we trust on it ?
The obverse (heads side) will continue to bear the likeness of President Lincoln. Like the ones we have now, the new ones will have it on the "heads" side also.
 
Hmm, I wonder if they are going to offer a premium high end set struck on the pre 82 copper alloy?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom