🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Propointer
Lesche Sampson T shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got permission to hunt a property in Barre,MA Saturday morning!!!
Only catch is stack a few cords of wood for the elderly couple who used to be my neighbors when I was a teen in Orange,MA

Considering he is elderly and she had a stroke,
Yeah I'd stack the wood even if I couldn't hunt their property and I didn't know them.
After seeing how run down my mom is after beating cancer her 4th time I know how hard it can be for some people to do physical stuff.

Hopefully I can find an heirloom from their parents and give it to them!!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many a time a permission has turned friendship and a helping hand.
One of the many "perks" and interesting aspects of metal detecting...

I made friends with a widowed 75 yo lady who was fascinated with Mding... she follows me and wants to dig everything....
She is extremely wealthy and a major "player"...
She digs with her hands... and takes flowers
On her fingers are prolly 250k or more in rings... which she eagerly digs with without regard...
They get clogged with dirt and so forth...

We made friends and still are... she owns 1/3 of a major beach in this area...
Anyway... she would call me and have me come over to "move a painting" ... or help her do something cool.

She does not trust her family... has a grand daughter who is strung out and steals from her etc... all relatives have been cut off I think etc.
She trusts no one...
And I don't blame her... they only want her money.
She is so cool... very simple and very down to earth loner.
She started with 1 rental property on the beach... now she owns a third of that beach.

Believe it not... she is one of many like her that I have met through my perms.
Go figure... neat people and I have learned a lot from knowing them.

Btw ... the paintings she would "re-arrange" in her 5000 sf penthouse beach place... on a regular basis...
Are worth millions... and not just 1-2 mill... I am talking 15+.
I have handled and hung paintings for her that she owns by the masters... from Picasso... Renoir... Dali... etc etc.
I am not an "art guy" but it is really neat and no one I know can say they have done the same.
Only time I have handled these types of things.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Waynos

May 28, 2015
Keene New Hampshire
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Propointer
Lesche Sampson T shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I made friends with a widowed 75 yo lady who was fascinated with Mding... she follows me and wants to dig everything....
On her fingers are prolly 250k or more in rings... which she eagerly digs with without regard...

Anyway... she would call me and have me come over to "move a painting" ... or help her do something cool.

She does not trust her family... has a grand daughter who is strung out and steals from her etc... all relatives have been cut off I think etc.
She trusts no one...
She started with 1 rental property on the beach... now she owns a third of that beach.

Btw ... the paintings she would "re-arrange" in her 5000 sf penthouse beach place... on a regular basis...
I have handled and hung paintings for her that she owns by the masters... from Picasso... Renoir... Dali... etc etc.
I am not an "art guy" but it is really neat and no one I know can say they have done the same.

Very cool
Shame she has to safeguard her things from her own family
I would be a loner too in that case

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

She trusts no one...

Just seems that you're of no threat to her being not like the family. To gain the trust of a person and to become a friend is rare and should be held close to the chest as this doesn't happen often. It's funny/weird how the family and boot lickers line up just wanting the end so they can line their own pockets so to speak as they haven't worked hard enough to build a solid base in their lives, and the gain from the passing of this friend would only enhance their unstable living practises. Met an owner of a major hockey franchise and it was really fun chatting for hours about things and listening to how he made it all happen. He would make all the boot lickers wait sitting on the oak benches outside his office while he chatted about life with me. This would happen every time I went over to give him the payments for his metal, got to the point where I allowed the extra time out of the week just for these meetings. There's something that one can't buy and that's the bond between two folks from two different worlds when there's a common thread that ties the two together, no matter what the thread is it has to be golden as it's rare.

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got permission to hunt a property in Barre,MA Saturday morning!!!
Only catch is stack a few cords of wood for the elderly couple who used to be my neighbors when I was a teen in Orange,MA

Considering he is elderly and she had a stroke,
Yeah I'd stack the wood even if I couldn't hunt their property and I didn't know them.
After seeing how run down my mom is after beating cancer her 4th time I know how hard it can be for some people to do physical stuff.

Hopefully I can find an heirloom from their parents and give it to them!!!
My kind of man. Thanks for being so thoughtful.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good on you AARC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread