What's new

New permission in fredericksburg

Stoneworx

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
95
Reaction score
303
Golden Thread
1
Location
Fredericksburg Va
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a couple hours today at a new permission site that is next to a union hospital near fredericksburg va. Found 8 bullets, some sort of buckle, a general service eagle coat button, rivets from what may be a sword pommel?, copper wedding ring, and what appears to be 6 or 7 bullets melted together. I can see bullet rings in it! I will be returning when i have more time. Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 14753652181031031531733.webp
    14753652181031031531733.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 209
Upvote 26
Great artifacts, nice ring! Congrats and HH
 
Great work. Keep the photos coming. The AT pro will not fail you.
 
Stone, that large piece of lead is a piece sabot band off an CW artillery shell. Those bands that you see on the lead are the cannon barrel rifling grooves from when the shell was fired. A very nice find. Good job.
 
Love finding those rings. Makes you wonder who the last person was to wear it. I've found several at civil war campsites
 
Nice hunt indeed! Should be plenty more there. Thanks for posting.

HH RN
 
Excellent digs! Love that lead sabot, I find those on occasion and they are always a thrill! Looks like you have an incredible spot, digging around Fredericksburg is a real treat!
 
How fortunate you are to be on a site such as that! Awesome finds, I found a brass ring at an old farm where I also found old silver and coppers, and I donated the ring to the homeowner...who had it professionally cleaned and straightened. Thx for sharing, ddf.
 
Stone, that large piece of lead is a piece sabot band off an CW artillery shell. Those bands that you see on the lead are the cannon barrel rifling grooves from when the shell was fired. A very nice find. Good job.

Thanks for the id. Thats way cooler than melted bullets...lol. Ive had permission on the ajoining property and have been there a few times. I found bullets, another eagle button and a few other items. The lady bought another 14 acres beside that property which brings the total to 28 acres to hunt! I am very blessed to say the least. Thanks guys for the comments!
 
Heres a pic of the other side where you can see the riflings!
 

Attachments

  • 1475446375712558216260.webp
    1475446375712558216260.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
Better idea of what it came off of
 

Attachments

  • 1475451067144.webp
    1475451067144.webp
    39 KB · Views: 104
That to cool, nice finds
 
Nice Relic hunt! :occasion14:

I love recovering the old wedding rings; finding personal items make you think of the person who lost it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom