Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I loaded the DEUS onto the Bike and headed for a field I hunted on September 11th. The September 11th hunt produced 14 wheat pennies and a silver Rosie. I'm a believer of "Where there is Wheat,, There is Silver". Well I won't back away from that belief, because I think someone may have beat me to the silver. The soil was very dry but we are expecting a real soaker tonight and tomorrow. I'll give it another shot on Tuesday. Among the 14 Wheats I recovered on September 11th was a 1909. Yesterday's hunt also produced a 1909. Again, no mint mark or V.D.B but this one is in better shape. Not one of the Wheat Pennies I got today were less than 7 inches with most being deeper.
One relic I recovered was an old style dog whistle. It came up in 2 pieces, but still a cool find. 6 hours, 80 coins, some cool weather, (75 degrees), and a nice shaded field.
The dates on the Wheat Pennies are: (09, 17, 20d, 26(2), 29, 36(4), 37(2), 38(2), 39, 40, 41(2), 44(3), 44s, 45, 46(2), 50s, & 53d)

IMG_5009.JPGIMG_5008.JPG

IMG_5007.JPGIMG_5010.JPG

IMG_5011.JPGIMG_5012.JPG

IMG_4910.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 16
When digging pennies does not suck! Congrats!

Very nice, Congrats!

I believe in that old adage, "if there's wheats, there's got to be silver". But, in later years I've added something to it ,

".......or there used to be." ;)

Nice feild of wheat! I like the whistle. I think all that rain headed your way just missed us. Send some back if you can.

HH RN

That's a great day[emoji3]congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a lot of wheat pennies... I guess the silver was cherry picked by the E-Trac'ers. Congrats on the silver Rosie, HH

That's a lot of wheat pennies... I guess the silver was cherry picked by the E-Trac'ers. Congrats on the silver Rosie, HH

Yeah, I think you're right. Two trips, 41 deep wheats and one silver Rosie. We're supposed to get some serious rain tonight and tomorrow. I think this field may still have some silver, but it will take some saturated soil and the E-Trac to find them. I think it's worth a try. There were some deep iron signals and the E-Trac can unmask the silver from the iron. We'll see.

Yeah, I think you're right. Two trips, 41 deep wheats and one silver Rosie. We're supposed to get some serious rain tonight and tomorrow. I think this field may still have some silver, but it will take some saturated soil and the E-Trac to find them. I think it's worth a try. There were some deep iron signals and the E-Trac can unmask the silver from the iron. We'll see.

If you want deep silver, just keep using the Deus

Congrats! Thanks for taking that nasty trash home and not leaving there for others to find.

Nice wheat haul ATW, I'd go back after a soaking rain also. Hope you find those elusive silvers. I plan on taking the Deus out today and hitting older pounded permissions if I can't score another permission or 2.

Man, that's a lot of bread! You know, wheat-bread, money? OK, so I won't quit my day job to become a comedian. :laughing7:

It's quite alright. I can't tell you just how many times I have gone into "silver cherry picked" areas and found more than one or two golds.

You guys go right ahead and pick cherries, you have my heartfelt gratitude. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back