What's new

New pictures added. 18k ring with a tiger-eye stone, with a queen’s crown settin

Ant

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
3,404
Reaction score
554
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I found an 18k ring with a queen’s crown setting and with what I think is a tiger-eye stone. The stone is a clear gray/black, with two distinct reflecting lines running horizontally across the middle. I think it might be from the early 60’s late 50’s and it might be of Vietnamese or Philippine in origin.

It was pushed up in a dozer scrape at an old playground. When I get it all cleaned up I’ll post a picture worthy of showing. The 18k gold mark is well worn as is the hallmark. I’ll post a pic of the hallmark too, maybe someone will recognize it.

As always,
HH
 

Attachments

  • Ring 18k Stone.webp
    Ring 18k Stone.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,879
  • Ring 18k Stone Intraped Use.webp
    Ring 18k Stone Intraped Use.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,860
  • Ring 18k Stone Marking.webp
    Ring 18k Stone Marking.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,853
  • Ring 18k Stone Find Area.webp
    Ring 18k Stone Find Area.webp
    90.7 KB · Views: 687
  • Ring 18k Stone Find Area. 2.webp
    Ring 18k Stone Find Area. 2.webp
    75 KB · Views: 677
Upvote 0
Ant,
Congrats on that awesome ring!
Gotta love that 18k :)
Cleaned up great, huh?
Great pics, great post!
Thanks :)
 
Re: New pictures added. 18k ring with a tiger-eye stone, with a queen’s crown se

Nice find on the ring
 
Definately a Black Star Sapphire, the lines in the stone are most likely hexagonal growth twinning.


Great find, Congrats
 
Hi Dixie Digger, I used a “HP Photosmart M425”.

treasure_hunter thank you for the ID and the same goes to the The Gemologist for the conformation.

Thanks for all the congrats and kind words.

HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom