SilverShareHolder
Greenie
- Joined
- Jul 17, 2013
- Messages
- 10
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Hi everyone, i'm new to prospecting and hoping to learn from this forum.
I will be going to Azusa canyon for my second time and would love any tips and advice, both on sluicing and panning in general as well as on Azusa canyon specifically. I have an A52 sluice a couple classifier screens and a plastic pan, last time I found black sand but only one flake of gold, I was in cattle canyon. The material I was classifying was wet so I was taking my screen and dipping it into the flare of the sluice and shaking and tossing it to get the sand to separate, this was disrupting the flow of the water and i'm not sure if this would be the proper way of doing it or if it would cause problems. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help with advice on where to look for gold and how to recover gold.
I will be going to Azusa canyon for my second time and would love any tips and advice, both on sluicing and panning in general as well as on Azusa canyon specifically. I have an A52 sluice a couple classifier screens and a plastic pan, last time I found black sand but only one flake of gold, I was in cattle canyon. The material I was classifying was wet so I was taking my screen and dipping it into the flare of the sluice and shaking and tossing it to get the sand to separate, this was disrupting the flow of the water and i'm not sure if this would be the proper way of doing it or if it would cause problems. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help with advice on where to look for gold and how to recover gold.
I've been looking everywhere I can think of but no answers. I know a lot of people are saying pans and shovels and sluice box's are ok but I cant find anything about using pumps or motors for the use of high bankers or trammel setups. Any advice or links to where I can find these rules or laws would be helpful. Thanks guys.






