Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photos!  Is that last photo Fort Spring, WV?  I have actually done some detecting in that area.  :)  I made a few very nice finds in Greenville and Forest Hill when I was a kid. 

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
BuckleBoy said:
Nice photos! Is that last photo Fort Spring, WV? I have actually done some detecting in that area. :) I made a few very nice finds in Greenville and Forest Hill when I was a kid.

Hey BB, the last photo is near Forest Hill, the place is rich in indian history, petroglyphs, mounds, a strange mystery altar made of sandstone, and lots of artifacts have been found in the area. I know Fort Spring and the Greenville to Union area well and it too is rich in history, lot's of early 1800's and even late 1700's homes still intact. Buckle Boy do you know where the old fort was located in Fort Spring? never actually located the exact spot, but I know some md, and arrowhead hunters who do well around the Greenbrier river in that area. I've got a trade metal tomahawk from 1777 from Fort Spring.

appreciate the comments 4h

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thirty7 said:
BuckleBoy said:
Nice photos! Is that last photo Fort Spring, WV? I have actually done some detecting in that area. :) I made a few very nice finds in Greenville and Forest Hill when I was a kid.

Hey BB, the last photo is near Forest Hill, the place is rich in indian history, petroglyphs, mounds, a strange mystery altar made of sandstone, and lots of artifacts have been found in the area. I know Fort Spring and the Greenville to Union area well and it too is rich in history, lot's of early 1800's and even late 1700's homes still intact. Buckle Boy do you know where the old fort was located in Fort Spring? never actually located the exact spot, but I know some md, and arrowhead hunters who do well around the Greenbrier river in that area. I've got a trade metal tomahawk from 1777 from Fort Spring.

appreciate the comments 4h

I have MD'ed extensively in that area up 219, through Greenville, Union, Pickaway, Alderson, and even out towards Gap Mills. It is some of the most Beautiful scenery God ever made. :) I hunted for that fort site pretty hard for a few years--and did a lot of MDing in the valley there with no luck. Finally I came to the end of my rope on where it was. If I ever came across some better information, or new research, I might be interested in trying it again someday.

I did MD the site of the fort in Greenville. :)

Best Wishes,

Buckles

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi 37,i thought it was the oldest,didnt know it was second/ jamey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread