What's new

New site today(odd find)

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
1,157
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a new site today didn't hit it big but had fun, a little clad and 3 wheat, 1925, 41 and 19-0 mower hit the last one. I did find something that's pretty cool but have no idea what it is, if you have any idea let me know. Thanks for taking a look.
 

Attachments

  • old house fines.webp
    old house fines.webp
    127.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 3 wheats.webp
    3 wheats.webp
    76.4 KB · Views: 116
  • old value.webp
    old value.webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 113
Appears to be a valve. I have found one of these, although not as ornate. I think they may have been used for gas lighting kinda like a gas fireplace. That is only my guess but should be pretty close. Nice one too.
 
Looks like an ornate gas fitting. Neat!
 
Looks like an ornate gas fitting. Neat!

Yeah its a gas valve that goes inside of a house along the baseboards they connect to gas heaters some are plain some are very fancy... I have found several of them and I have put them in a rock tumbler and they shine up quite nicely... they usually are very dirty and dull... I find my around old home sites.

Yours is pointing downwards so it may of been used in other places

Chukers
 
Thank to everyone for the help identifying my gas value , and for taking the time to check out this post, Good hunting.
 
Nice, I like the Celtic symbol inside the square on the valve. Looks like a fun & successful hunt.
 
Nice digs! Congrats on the Wheaties
 
Neat relic, I like! Congrats.

HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom