What's new

New spot is pretty hot

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
Hunted my new spot for about my 4th time today. I was there for hours and still didn't cover all of the rows. Here is what I came out with. Oh, and some questions for the veterans also.

image-716941937.webp



image-581859401.webp



image-2184287163.webp



image-1446580415.webp



image-4190770460.webp



image-1017841123.webp



image-1040054645.webp



image-2977611718.webp



image-2754281290.webp



image-1618461028.webp



image-1547892652.webp



image-2235026659.webp

Also, what are these? Blanks, cores, broken hand tools, or.... ROCKS?? Y'all help me.

image-1662637439.webp



image-1309778200.webp



image-93940581.webp
 
Upvote 0
some nice stuff in there. looks like one real nice hafted end scraper too. Im thinking those pieces you asked about are a core and some cobble.
 
hey rusty
i see you don't chew your nails either.....harhar
 
looks like you got a killer little point in the 2 picture, the dark color one that's hidden under the other.
 
that is a nice little point
is it broke?
 
No its not he chewed on it Larson..he he.
 
I will paint them pink and pretty for you.
 
You got some good ones. The last ones are either cores or disc stones. I havent hunted in a field before so I dont know what happens when the disc hits one. But I saw some good ones in the other frames.
 
You got some good ones. The last ones are either cores or disc stones. I havent hunted in a field before so I dont know what happens when the disc hits one. But I saw some good ones in the other frames.


The plow will in time take it's share. Where the term field grade came from. But the ground is always pushing new stuff up. Some fields I hunt have artifacts for 6 feet down but the plow only turns that top section up.Nice hunt NC. Look forward to what else you find.
HH
TnMtns
 
natchitoches said:
looks like you got a killer little point in the 2 picture, the dark color one that's hidden under the other.

It's not hidden. It's broken. Trick photography! Lol
 
larson1951 said:
that is a nice little point
is it broke?

Yes sir . I used trick photography! If it went unnoticed it would have gone unmentioned . However, I won't lie about it! Lol
 
Tnmountains said:
The plow will in time take it's share. Where the term field grade came from. But the ground is always pushing new stuff up. Some fields I hunt have artifacts for 6 feet down but the plow only turns that top section up.Nice hunt NC. Look forward to what else you find.
HH
TnMtns

Thanks bro. Once in a while the plow will leave a perfect one. Little secret, as the crop's roots develop , they push stuff up. The center of a row has lots of heart aches. In a tobacco field, true treasure is found under the bottom leaves of the plant. Just like looking root balls of old fallen trees. I don't think the farmers today plow as deep .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom