What's new

New Supply --- New Silver

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
4,374
Reaction score
2,001
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Augustine, FL
I've finally lined up a new supply bank. As some might know, I search $8000/wk. Recently, my supply bank was getting boxes stamped a week earlier than the delivery date. I exhausted the silver for the area. Knowing the carriers districts, I searched for a new supplier in a different district. It has taken the better part of 2 weeks to line up this source. In the meantime, I've had 30 boxes of cents to keep busy.

Well, I only ordered 2 boxes to test the waters. The head teller asked when I wanted more. I told her that I would call her. Half an hour later, I'm standing in front of her asking for $8000 this coming Monday. She said she could accommodate whatever I want based on my account balances. She'll accept an order 3 times per week. If the 8K turn out equally well, I might opt for 8K on Monday and 8K on Friday.

For the 2 boxes, I had a lady peeking at me at the end of a roll. Benjamin ringing his bell. Kennedy shining bright with 90% silver, and bunches of 40%'ers. First roll, there was a 92 proof. And towards the end of the second box out rolled an '87 P. Heck, even scored a damn magician's coin. I only wish I knew how to open them.
 
Upvote 0
It is nice to know how some banks accommodate their members without any trouble compared to some other banks that throw a fit over the smallest things. :thumbsup:
 
put the magicians coin in an empty water glass and shake vigorusly from side to side....
 
golden silver said:
So what is the final tally?

Golden Silver

Not a large haul, but based on the previous months skunks, it was encouraging. With such a small sample (2 boxes), it was a nice variety.

1946 Walking Liberty
1963D Ben Franklin
1964 Kennedy (crisp mint state; kids probably just popped it out of dad's book)
1976S
8 67's
3 68's
2 69's
1992S proof
1987P (AU grade; Again, dad is pissed at the kid's)
2002 and 2005 NIFC
and the damn magician's coin.
 
Regarding the magician's coin (probably the Scotch-and-Soda variety), here's how you "open" or de-nest it without a specialized piece of equipment called a "bang-ring":

Put the coin in a drinking glass. A highball works great, but just about any glass will do. Put your hand over the mouth of the glass and shake it so the coin rattles around. After a few shakes it should come apart without any problem.
 
Heh John beat me to it above.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom