What's new

New to hunting

J_Gibson

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 10, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I line in Wayne county West Virginia and I know there are arrowheads in my area but I'm looking for some tips on where to look and how to find them. I have access to some big farms with one over looking the river and also do a lot of mountain biking which takes me back way in the hills. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 
Check the farm fields after they are just plowed, it brings the arrowheads up and sometimes they even shine and glisten in the sun. Try dry creek beds, that run off of a creek, they are overflows in heavy rains and tons of small rocks get left behind, look in the creek banks also.
 
I haven't found one, though I always look for them in dry creek beds. I didn't even find a single one in the creek in the woods behind my house, where the largest population of Native Americans in town lived, even attempting to attack the owner of my house on the property many times in the 1700's (without succeeding). Maybe that is just my luck though. Welcome to the forum! Good luck, Arrowhead hunting is fun, in fact, after this post I am going to go to the creek to look for some now that you motivated me to check one more time:thumbsup:.

Good luck! Try looking in the artifacts forum for tips!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom