What's new

New to Kansas City

bigcountrydigger

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Grandview, Mo
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just moved into town and looking for places to metal detect? Any good places that anyone would want to share?
 
Try searching the Grandview website parks & rec, city code, etc to see if it says no detecting, digging, or removing coins. I didn't get through the whole website to find out, but they have 13 parks. Maybe they fine people or require $$ for permit. Grandview had over 6,000 people in 1960 so I assume silver coins were lost. If they don't have any laws against it on website and parks aren't posted no detecting you might be able to find something close to home. Any other suburbs that got started pre-1965 could be good. The old parks in the central cities are probably more heavily detected as some are around 100+ years old. I think Kansas City has a detecting club. Best wishes, George (MN)
 
I believe the Chisholm trail ran through KC, so any farm land in the suburbs would be a great place to relic hunt.


Wayne
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom