jjcrago05

Nov 20, 2008
Fort Worth Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, my name is Jeff, im in Saginaw Tx, NW side of ft worth, and im new to metal detecting, i stumbled across this site searching on info of where to metal detect and after reading a few threads it seemed like a great site. I bought a cheap VLF detector from Radio shack and after finding a few cents and an old Yale Junior lock around lake worth i was hooked. Im only 22, so my friends dont exactly think its cool, but i was just wondering if anybody had any good ideas on where else i could MD or if any 1 is looking for a buddy in the area?

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
Welcome to TN. Don't worry about your friends, I'm over 50 and my buds think I'm dork since I started, I'm still cool when I surf or fish with them though. I guess I could add my kids to that list as well.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, welcome to TN Jeff. I have a son that is 21 and he hunts with me when he gets a chance...but I think he would try and hide if he saw one of his friends wander by. As for places to hunt....try some of your local schools to begin with or recreational areas (soccer fields, football fields and the like). You will be able to make some finds and be able to learn the way your machine performs. GL and HH. Will be looking for some of your finds.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Welcome to Treasurenet,

Im 29 and my buddies all laugh until I show them my museum and my finds! ;D

I realized years ago not to care what people think, if you like doing it then just do it.

Dig it all!

Jason

OP
OP
jjcrago05

jjcrago05

Nov 20, 2008
Fort Worth Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks guys for the encouragement, I'm actually headed out right now to dig a little! HH all

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
jjcrago05 said:
thanks guys for the encouragement, I'm actually headed out right now to dig a little! HH all

Any updates on your digs?

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Welcome aboard. This site is full of good people and good info. I found this site just surfing and just like you, thought it was great.

It's like Shaw said, people will think that until they see all the cool stuff unearthed!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread