New to MD

rodd

Apr 1, 2009
Crozet, VA
Just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. My name is Rod and I'm new to MD. Well, sort of. I lived in Southern California most of my life and did some digging when I was a kid. I'll tell you about some of Patton's camps some other time. Anyway, I bought a really cheap detector (all I can afford) and have a place all picked out and permission to hunt/dig. It's an old mill next to a creek out in Batesville. Hopefully I can find enough treasure to upgrade to a better machine. I live in Crozet and if anyone would be willing to show me some spots to hunt CW relics, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rod

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
No Civil War sites in Crozet .. Have to go to the Valley for anything close.

Welcome neighbor!

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
W-3.jpg

Attachments

• W-3.jpg
    W-3.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 170

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Hey rodd, I live in Augusta County.Just across the mountain from you.There should be a lot of old homesites
around you could MD.Maybe we could get together and get some permission on some of them.

fortbball9

OP
OP
rodd

rodd

Apr 1, 2009
Crozet, VA
fortbball9 said:
Hey rodd, I live in Augusta County.Just across the mountain from you.There should be a lot of old homesites
around you could MD.Maybe we could get together and get some permission on some of them.

fortbball9

Sounds good. I'm looking into a possible mill site that sits on private property. I'll let y'all know what I find out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions