new to metal detecting,in ocala, fl. area

R

romeo

hail fellow MD'ers . I was given an old Usika chief detector a few weeks ago, I am new to the area and was wondering if anyone knew of any decent sites in the area.I have e-mailed the parks and rec. dept for any regulations pertaining to the local parks but have yet to recieve a reply, i also e-mailed the planning and zoneing as well as permits dept. on any permit i may need and they replyed that the were none to thier knowledge but check with parks and rec...I have well apprecated reading all the subjects and replys in this forum and thank you all forthe lessons i have learned from them.I am not perticuler inm what i find as i feel any find is a good one(minus the nails and assorted hardware)thanks again for the chance to learn from all your experiances..happy hunting.....

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME,your in Ocala,I would try to find old stockyards or even ones still in use.There are a lot of horses in your area,try a google search for old stockyards or old swimming holes or anywhere people might have congregated years ago.I know there are some natural springs in your area however,I don't know the land thier on(i.e.-public,state, federal or private) I do know that troops used these springs when they were trying to "rid" :( the area of native Seminoles in past history.Try to think "old",look for old abandoned homes/homesites,then try to obtain permission from the owner/s.I've had good luck in situations like this in the past.If nothing else,head for the gulf coast beaches,thier always good for practice and a little clad.Hope something here helps. :)GOOD LUCK and H.H. P.S.-I wouldn't wait around for the park service to reply,your not allowed to dig or remove anything from a FL. state park,unless it's a beach park and then only between the toe of the dunes and the waterline at low tide.diggummup!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
R

romeo

thanx for the tip. i'll give it a sweep.....

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Welcome Romeo,
I'm an ex-Floridian. I lived in Tampa for 23 years and I know there's alot of history there. Ocala has grown a bunch since I lived in the area. I would go to the local library and do some research. I've found that it's very useful!

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread