New to Metal Detecting

marriedman77

Jul 12, 2015
Northeast OHIO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, My name is frank, I always wanted to metal detect, and i finally got one, and i have more then enough time to do it. I found this awesome website, and here i am.
Im looking for people who want to search for things and just enjoy metal detecting. My main issue is finding places. I live in northeast ohio, If anyone has any advice or wants to metal detect please let me know, I really
appreciate the help.

Wel-come aboard ... :hello:

Not sure about your area but, parks are a good place as well as schools ... also any old homesteads are good as long as ya ask first for permission. Sidewalks that have grassy areas are good too !

When lookin' for a place to search all's well as long as ya have permission ~

Thanks i appreciate the info. I have went out a few times, went to lake Erie, and a local park. Found a lot of trash,lol but it was really fun.
Thanks again for replying.

Welcome to T-Net. I am in Lorain county, SW of Cleveland, where are you located?

Welcome Marriedman77 to the forum!

When beginning the hobby; learn the ins and outs, start slowly and learn the machine. Understand proper target recovery techniques and read all you can about the hobby, knowledge is power.

Ask any questions here on the site, many very knowledgeable people will help.

Regards,

metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Ohio for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back