New to site.

deedulany

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2008
Houston
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, Ace 250
We are interested in going on group hunts. My husband and I have had our detectors for 3 years now and have not done much. My uncle was into metal detecting as well as my dad for I guess 30 years or so. I would like to live out the legacy they left behind. We live in Houston area. Is there anyone here that needs our company?

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet and I'm sure you will find someone on here near ya..Will be looking to see some of your finds in the near future.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Welcome over to Tnet,

If we get an area picked out this week I will let you know. Myleo from here and myself try and hunt a couple times a week.

We have had a few "Non organized" hunts.

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
deedulany said:
We are interested in going on group hunts. My husband and I have had our detectors for 3 years now and have not done much. My uncle was into metal detecting as well as my dad for I guess 30 years or so. I would like to live out the legacy they left behind. We live in Houston area. Is there anyone here that needs our company?

Welcome to TNet!! We have a small north houston area group that gets together now and then...of course, one of them, Mike, just got a new hip, so he's too busy scanning himself to go out! ::) Anyway, what part of Houston are you in. We can sure let you know when we have hunts. I tell you...once you and your husband get really started....I'm warning you.....it IS an addiction! Welcome aboard!

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Welcome aboard the crazy bus Im in central texas and your welcome to come up anytime. TC

OP
OP
deedulany

deedulany

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2008
Houston
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, Ace 250
We live in the NW area. Near Jersey Village. Thank you everyone for all the warm welcomes.

qkslvr

Oct 27, 2006
The Woodlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD/Garrett AtPro/Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet! One thing to watch out for near where you live: The Precinct 4 city parks are off limits to metal detecting, all other city parks are OK. A group of us hunt Memorial Park frequently. Lots of old buttons and sometimes some silver coins come up, it was a miltary camp in the early 1900s. We post over here, but also post on a local metal detecting site dirtjournal.com. Come out and join us anytime!

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Have you and your husband built you a test "garden" yet?

It was one of the best ways that I learned my ACE 250 before I started to hit up my local parks.

We are looking forward to hunting with you guys in the future.

Jason

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
deedulany said:
No how do you do that?

There are many guys and gals on here that have years of better expedience but here is how I did mine to learn how the ACE would read.

I took an area in the corner of my backyard to build my garden.

I buried the following items around 4" - 5" deep

- Pulltab
- Penny
- Nickle
- Dime
- Quarter
- 14 kt gold band
- .925 silver necklace

I labeled what was in the ground and learned what the signals read and switched settings a few times.

Maybe some of the others will chime in here and give some better hints, this is just what I did and it seemed to really help me out when I had no idea about the ACE.

If you ever have any questions about MDing you are at the right place, these guys and gals know there stuff.

Jason

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...............Deedulaney............TEST GARDEN...............1ST GO OVER THE DEDICATED AREA IN ALL METAL AND REMOVE ALL OF THE TRASH..................Besides burying coins at the 4 to 5 inch level.................bury some coins on edge.............and bury some coins at the 1 inch level!...............The reason I say this is that deep targets will respond differently than shallow ones and coins on edge will fool you when you start digging..............They are approximatly about 3 or 4 inches away from where you pinpointed it!!.............Joe

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Totally missed this thread.

Welcome to T-Net!!! Alot of us around here help and this forum is a major tool for this hobbie. happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread