New to the site, and new to detecting!

Kryptomaniac

Greenie
Oct 27, 2007
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Electronics "DFX"
Hi,
My name is Jason, I was always fascinated with metal detecting as a kid, when my grandfather used to go.
I am now 33 years old, and have purchased a white's electronic's metal detector, but have only used it in my backyard, not alot of time with a 8mo old daughter, plus to mention the Navy keeps me pretty busy.
I do plan to try to take it out to a beach on Dam neck possibly tomorrow morning. Anyway,
Would love to hear about everyone's finds etc, I am excited and hope to get to use my dector alot more!

Jason

Upvote 0

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
Welcome, once you find yoour first treasure, yoou will be hooked for life.....look forward to seeing your finds.....and of course, thank you for serving your country :)

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! Just watch Today's finds everyday and you'll see what we find. Hope to see you posting your pictures, too. Good luck.

Don't know where you are, but the season is winding down for us folks in the Northern states. All we can do is hope for weather like we had last year.

Good luck tomorrow. Remember, any day out is a good day; no matter what you find.

Dig it- Ken

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Jason. You picked a geat hobby and a great site to join. The people here are great and very helpful with tips, suggestions, etc. The today's finds board has over 100 pages. If you like seeing what other people have found that board alone will keep you busy for weeks. Not to mention all of the other forums on this site. There's one for just about anything you could think of. Coins, coin roll hunting, American Indian Artifacts, relics, Civil War, Revolutionary War, the list goes on and on. I wish you luck in the future and look forward to you posting your finds.

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
Welcome Jason,My son is in the Navy and Lives in Virginia Beach.VA.Good luck on your next hunt.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Welcome aboard, Jason; keep your eyes glued to this site and you'll see finds you won't believe! And someday, if you keep at it, you'll find the same kinds of things.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Wecome to the addicition,Im sure you will be making a lot of great finds. Nice to see you went with a top notch detector,you wont regret it. If you get a cheap one then you always want a better one,at least once you know you are hooked for sure. If you dont come down with the fever then you can sell the detector on ebay or one of the forums for not much less than you paid so very little is lost. If you put in the time and really learn the machine it will pay for itself in no time,happy hunting...Shoot

benjamin68

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2007
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
Hi Jason and welcome to the forum. I too have spent some time in the Navy in Virginia. Have you been there long and know your way around? Should be many places to go detecting.

Tinman

Jul 5, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, 9" Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You will soon find out what a great detector you have and plenty of folks here willing to share knowledge, programs and tips. I look forward to seeing your Virginia, DFX finds.

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Aboard!!!!

Hi Jason and welcome to the hobby!!! I look forward to checking out some of your finds on here.

HH,
SgtSki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread