New to the treasure hunting

Jan 11, 2007
clarksburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Whites, prism IV
Hello all, been wanting to do a little hunting for years. Had to to retire early due to health problems. Live in Harrison County. I figure now is as good a time as any.
Does anybody know of any places in the Harrison Co area that would be good to look in? Not expecting no huge bank roll or gold mine, (but wouldnt argue :) ) Just want to get out there and get my feet wet. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks very much, Gary

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hi, Gary,

This link should keep you busy for a while. I like to look for the schools, churches, and cemeteries, especially the ones listed as historical. A note about cemeteries - if you find one all by itself with nothing else near, look around. I would bet that at one time there was an old church or homestead close by. And don't forget to ask for permission to hunt on private property.

http://www.hometownlocator.com/ListCountyFeatures.cfm?SCFIPS=54033

MIke

wvmountaingirl

Greenie
Jan 24, 2007
Tucker County
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I'm new at this to, I bought my detector and it's snowed ever since. Another good place for you to look would be around land and water were you know houses washed away during the 85 flood. I know the town where i live they were lots of old homes that was washed away, and it have found some things in the river were the mud and silt settled. We had 2 bridges, Thank God for the new one because the old one washed away, I'm going to look for things they may have gotten stuck between them, and around trees and and high land where stuff may have gotten stuck. I have a friend that owns some fields around the river and my granddad does also, but not so much around were house was lost, I live in a very old community. Good luck.

Gaijun1

Oct 11, 2010
Morgantown Wv
Harrison County Wv
Ive Been Reserching New Hunting Grounds
Which Is Certainly Home Too Long Lost Forgotten Valueables
In The Thousands Of Dollors ( Im Stoked ) Too Start Hunting On My Days Off.
When Im Not Working On The Paveing Crew Im Thinking Of Takeing On a Partner
But Dont Know Just Yet Gotta Do Some Legwork Frist And Find Those Hot Spots Then Decide From There
But Good Luck Too Any Wv :goldbar: Hunters
Michael

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions