What's new

New to this, found items need IDing

Mantosilver

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 3, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rochester, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We recently visited Searsport Maine and found some very interesting ship spikes, nails and a few other unknown items. Hoping someone can help! Pics to follow.
 
Welcome to the site , we await your pics.
 
Upvote 0
Pics. The one part is interesting, looked like a pipe but cleaned it a hair and almost seems like an old gun part. Resized_20210703_204918.webpResized_20210703_205030.webpResized_20210703_205038.webp
 
Upvote 0
I can post better pics and I have more nails as well to show. Just excited and wish I knew more. So much for an antique bookseller with years in the biz...newbie here!
 
Upvote 0
I don't know what that is in the last pic, to me it looks like the wrench that comes with a chainsaw ? maybe more pics at different angles will help. others will be along to take a look shortly.
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Congratulations on your finds!
 
Upvote 0
Certainly want to know the age of these ship spikes, they are magnetic so not brass, but hand forged. The quarter circle is curious too...also magnetic.
 
Upvote 0
I'm pretty new to this and still get excited by random finds. My favorite so far is actually an old screw from the mid 1800's. Welcome to TNet!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom