What's new

New to treasure hunting & the Forum

Blakesan

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 19, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , Im new to this forum so if im posting in the wrong section please let me know. Im going to southern Australia in the next couple months and I wanted to do some treasure hunting around the bass strait and in the shallow water there around and on the beach around port campbell national park like 180 mile radius from there cuz thats where my brother lives. I was wondering if I find any gold or alot of it either it be coins , bars, treasure . would I have to turn it over to the gov. or could i keep it or are there any laws in Australia you could site about this thanks Blake
 
Hi , Im new to this forum so if im posting in the wrong section please let me know. Im going to southern Australia in the next couple months and I wanted to do some treasure hunting around the bass strait and in the shallow water there around and on the beach around port campbell national park like 180 mile radius from there cuz thats where my brother lives. I was wondering if I find any gold or alot of it either it be coins , bars, treasure . would I have to turn it over to the gov. or could i keep it or are there any laws in Australia you could site about this thanks Blake

In any country in the world, in any level of govt. land within any country (ie.: state, county, city, etc...) if you found "gold bars" (or even valuable coins) ... if you were to walk up to enough govt. bureaucrats, in whatever entity you found them in, and were to ask "hi. I found these on *your* land. Can I keep them?"

You will always find a "no you can't". You will always find someone willing to answer your pressing question with some sort of reason why you can't have them. Afterall .... you asked. This is true of the USA too, England, etc... (considered to be seeooo "detector friendly"): If I found a gold bar in my city's park's sandbox (where detecting is ignored as innocuous), and took it to city hall, and asked "can I keep it?", I bet I could eventually find some city lawyer to tell me "no".
 
Then there is "the other side of the coin" (pun intended). If you fail to declare it at customs.... and get caught.... you may be staying longer than intended and we will see you on "Locked up abroad". TTC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom