New to TreasureNet, Not to Detecting

rstcso

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2021
Round Rock, TX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in central Texas, got into metal detecting over forty years ago, and have been active on-and-off since. This past year I've been working from home and feel like I've aged five... and put on the pounds. Now it's time to get active, so I'm getting back into metal detecting.

I dusted off my Tesoros and found I'd left the batteries in the LoboST and Tiger Shark. Luckily, the circuit boards didn't get affected too badly, so I shipped them to be repaired/calibrated. They've been gone for three weeks and hope to see them soon. Unfortunately, this gave me too much time for reading and watching YouTube videos and decided I "needed" an Equinox 800, which was ordered earlier today.

I'm looking forward to meeting the many good people found here and participating in some friendly banter.

Kindest regards.

CrankyBuzzard

Jul 6, 2020
North Texas USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and White's Spectra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! I’m pretty new here as well, but I wanted to say hi from North Texas. I mainly swing in Hopkins county on some old home sites from the late 1890s and always find something. Depending on where you are located, there should be some awesome stuff down there.

OP
OP
R

rstcso

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2021
Round Rock, TX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depending on where you are located, there should be some awesome stuff down there.

Due to expansion of a roadway, about a year ago, the building which was the local stagecoach stop on the Chisholm Trail in the mid-1800s was moved. At the time, I saw piles of dirt thinking "If I was still metal detecting, I'd do whatever was necessary to get permission to hunt that!". Now I drive past where it sat and an overpass is being constructed.

I'll probably ease my way back into the hobby hunting the volleyball pits in the local parks. I can't do too much damage there... to the park or myself.

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Oklahoma. You’ll like what goes on around this place.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
R

rstcso

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2021
Round Rock, TX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many thanks to all. Looking forward to getting back into the "swing" of things.

Welcome from Oklahoma. You’ll like what goes on around this place.

I grew up in Checotah, OK. Under the category of "I wish I knew then what I know now", the Civil War's Honey Springs Battlefield was nothing more than a sign along a highway "in my back yard".

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ... ... ... :hello:

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Howdy and Welcome from San Antonio :wave:

Good luck out there with the Equinox:icon_thumright:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-):cat::occasion14::headbang:

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome from northwest Connecticut. I hope that you enjoy the Nox. Good machine.
HH
dts

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to this forum. A lot of very knowledgeable people are present here.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from MI .....Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread