What's new

New Tracker IV for $67

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeepThought
  • Start date Start date
D

DeepThought

Guest
Hobby Lobby has a 40% sale through Sept. 8. Last month I walked out the door with a Tracker IV for $67. It's not a Garrett Ace 250 or Fisher F2 but I was looking for starter machine and & near 1/4 the cost is a strong motivator. Print the coupon from the Hobby Lobby web site
 
Upvote 0
That's an excellent price for a TK4, they usually run a bit over $100. As you say, it's not a $200 machine, but it's an excellent beginner machine, and its analog response characteristics are similar enough to those of most high end machines (including digital ones that simulate analog operation in software) that the things you learn on a TK4 are a good foundation if you decide to spend a lot more on a machine sometime in the future. You'll find that a lot of people who got real serious about the hobby and have a whole slew of machines got started with a TK4 and they still have it as a backup and loaner.

--Dave J.
 
While I wouldn't be caught dead holding a Bounty Hunter in my hands now with the friends I have. I started on BH's and also sold them. They are excellent start up detectors for the price.
 
Uh-oh, I think I hear sirens!!! At that price, you really stole it! Congrats and enjoy the new toy!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom