New Treasure Book "Harry Hid It"

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
White's, Prism 3, bought quite a few years ago, can't seem to get it out of my daughter's car!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, It has been quite a few years since A Treasure's Trove. But there is a new book that just came out this month. It is from a different author, but worth the look.

"Harry Hid It" by JJ McKeever is a novel plus a treasure hunt to see if you can discover the clues within the book as to where Harry hid his stolen loot. There is a facebook link and also the book can be purchased on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. The amount that is possible to win starts at 5,000 dollars and depending on how many books are sold can go up to 500,000.

So happy hunting (and reading) Hope this is enjoyable for all as was "A Treasure's Trove"

OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
White's, Prism 3, bought quite a few years ago, can't seem to get it out of my daughter's car!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KCM, why are you saying spam? Please check out Amazon for book listing. It is a real work. First book signing by author was this past weekend.

OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry KCM, I have nothing to gain from this book, but thank you, I did not know it was wrong to post.

I purchased one to find the treasure, thought it would be something that would be of interest to others. I posted in two areas as I was not sure which was the best spot. Moderators please delete these posts if they are offensive.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Oak, I apologize. Didn't mean any offense. Is just that "most" people that come to a forum (ANY forum) and all of their posts are promoting a product, then that person is often ignored or looked upon as a spammer.

So it would seem that I got off on the wrong foot with you. And no, nothing here is offensive. If there was, the Mods would have had it cleared up long before now. ...Maybe they'll clear "me" up before long! :laughing9:

OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem Kcm. I didn't want to get off on the wrong foot as well. :) New forum, I should have looked around a bit more before posting, so much to read here but a wonderful site!

I think after looking at how many posts you have they may keep you around. :)

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
*ROFL* I'm still sort of a newbie here - just 4 months! Heck, I didn't even know there WAS a book section! :tongue3:

We all just do our best here...I just tend to be a little bit more outspoken than most. Has to do with a somewhat rare disease I contracted some time earlier in life. Can't remember the Latin name for it, but the common name is "Foot in Mouth Disease". I hear it can be contagious, so probably picked it up from some other poor sap who had it. :laughing9:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Lots of people recommend books on this site. I think this one sounds cute and something a family could do together. I always wanted to write a book. Something about Texas and Mexico. Gonna call it, "Little Austin Crosses the River". About when I was 15 and discovered tequila and women on the other side. Sort of a treasure book and a how to book combined.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The book I am referring to is good but not for the whole family :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WyeOak , kcm & all interested Parties .

The Book can Be discussed here in

You Can't advertise the Book for Sale Here.
But all those who do Purchase it & Want to
Discuss it, Can.

If the Hunt gets Popular with our Members & several Threads pop up here to Discuss different Aspects. I'd
be willing to see about getting the Threads their Own Sub-Furum. But
Lets see how it goes First !

Again , This is Not spam .
Let's stay Cool Here :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Jeff, it has been a long time since A Treasure's Trove. I enjoyed that book and the challenge of searching for clues and learning from other readers and was disappointed when the Alchemist Dar was cancelled.

Harry Hid It does not offer treasure to find, as a Treasure's Trove did. But does say you can win cash. Clues are hidden in the chapters where Harry Strickland hid the cash and jewels he stole. Right now the cash prize is 5,000 dollars, but can go as high as 500,000.

The story is based on the East Coast, Long Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida. I would love to do a breakdown of chapters and clues if anyone else seems interested. Things that stand out to me right now is that the first few words in each chapter are in italics, Harry has some diverse books that he reads, loves to skydive, scuba dive and loves to paint. He is a mechanic (car) and works in JFK airport. He also has a very large dog named Max that is with him most of the time, so I think Max is a key.

OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, Clues, I am looking at in Chapter 1 :

The first 4 word's that start this chapter in Italics are Harry Strickland Eyed the (So maybe the letter is I or I'd, like to I'd something?)

Page 2, He remembered as a kid reading Edgar Allan Poe's -The Purloined Letter in school, Everyone in the story was looking for a particular letter, and it happened to be in plain sight of other letters.

Page 7, " P to the 7th, mantra?" "Proper Prior Planning Prevents Pitiful Poor Performance"

Page 8, "When I was there I saw a button clearly marked 'Front Gate'

They mention math in this chapter, "math genius, chose a number for John Archer, that sums it up, Max added to the normal appearence. He lost count, etc.

Also, the words, back and corner seem to be used many times.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the beginning of the book, like the forward, It reads: "Suit your tactics to your enemy, when in a quarrel with a gentleman, The Queensberry rules apply, For everyone else, No Holds Barred " Col. M. Hoare

I looked up, No Holds Barred and it is a boxing term. Bet you knew that!
All I can find on a Col. M. Hoare was about a guy named Mad Mike Hoare ( COL. 'Mad' MIKE HOARE - Commanding Officer of
5 COMMANDO Battalion, the 'WILD GEESE') Hoping this is not referring to Wild Goose chase! :)

But maybe the 5 is important?

OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their website has a link to the first 5 chapters for free, we have till March 2017 before we can submit an answer to the contest. Since Harry Strickland pulled of a few heists, not sure if he hid the cash and jewels in one spot or many. From the Edgar Allen Poe reference, I am thinking it is one place and close at hand.

OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thing I am looking at in Chapter one, plus other chapters is Timing. "His Timing is good" page 5.

Harry brings along his dog Max, a Bouvier des Flandres, on many car trips when it appears he may be stashing the goods. To parks, marina's to scuba dive, to north Jersey to parachute jump and to many places to paint pictures.

OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Words that are used repetitively in first chapter or two are, Rear, Back, Corner.

Other flags for me in Chapter One, pg. 3 'I'll trust your discerning eye" another mention to an I?

Cars are Harry's biggest passion, working on cars were his way to relax.

Page 5, Chose the number for John Archer

Harry and Max go out in his dark blue Chevy Cruze, not his usual ride.

Throughout the book Harry always states what colors people are wearing, so I think colors are clues as well.

I will move on to Chapter 2 next....I can see how thrilled everyone is :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other possible Clues : Paintings

Harry is a mechanic at Kennedy Airport in NY. But he love to paint.(Landscapes, Objects, Portraits. At the end of the book they mention his works that are set up in his home.
1. A series of Landscapes done at the beach
2. The Sun rising or setting
3. Anger of an approaching storm
4.Slightly mountainous area as a river carved a path through the rocks.
5.Another River scene
6.A Fruit bowl
7.A Penny (half finished, no head)
8.Portrait of a nude, back view with a slight profile, arm above her head hanging onto a pole.

These may be clues to where the loot is or directions on how to get to the loot.

OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Books Harry is reading :

Scuba diving the wrecks and shores of Long Island

Subway madness- exploring the hidden spaces- An underground culture of NYC subways

Guild book to hiking the trails of NJ and Pennsylvania

Old USA Geological Survey 'Cornwall'

OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harry's Heists

1. JFK airport, Diamond heist

2. Fat Tony's Ocean Club- Cash

3. Kidnapping of Mrs. Dean- Cash 250,000 dollars

4. Hans and Heidi Bamberger- cash and jewels worth @ 2 million

5. City wide check cashing (Victor Egbert)-250,000 in cash

OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been looking into the Khan Academy website to try to figure out what cipher may have been used, colors vs phrases. Any recommendations?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread