****New Treasure hunter here =o)

lneparker

Apr 4, 2015
Red Bluff, Ca.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Good Morning!!! I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Erika and I live in northern Ca. I love treasure hunting!!! I just recently got involved with panning for gold. I went up to Whiskeytown lake and did my first panning trip. I actually found a little bit of gold.....and the addiction begins. I am not a member of any clubs or anything. I am new to this whole thing and am interested in any helpful pointers out there that would help me get more familiar with the practices of finding some actual treasure. I have no idea where to go or even where to start. I started off by going to the visitors center just out of Redding, Ca. and I was informed that I can pan in the whiskeytown natl forest as long as I had my $1 permit. So I got the permit and went to the Camden house which was where they said a lot of people go to go panning. I love the outdoors and love being in the woods. Does anyone here know where else that I can go that is legal and kind of off the beaten path. I use a couple gold pans, classifier and 5 gallon buckets :-) I want to eventually get a Pyramid Pro pan set.

Any help would be appreciated.:hello2::tongue3:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T Net! Sounds like you enjoy panning for gold.
There is a prospecting/gold forum farther down on the T Net forums. You may get a quicker response from someone on there. Good Luck to you!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
welcome from Salinas, CA . I just got back from a relic/coin hunting trip to the Corning area (not nuggets) Lots of history up your way. Good luck.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Kinda strange but what one might start out with isn't always what one might end up with. I thought I'd look for gold. I watched all of Toms docs for years (Gold Fever) and did the whole research thing but finding my real interest was quite simply rejoining my inner kid and go back to rock collecting.
I joined an old org here and go to places that normally would be off limits (mines, private land etc.) and try to find something pretty. Actually sometimes valuable.
For me, I get the mountains, the outdoors, the mystery of the find and all the other things that includes the wonder of it all.
It's all about the hunt so find your passion (true interest) and you won't be disappointed.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from MA! I hope you have a great 2015 season.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having a passion and desire is the first step. You will enjoy your addiction and grow into a fulfilled person.

billyjoe42

May 10, 2007
Placer Co, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, White's M6, Gray Ghost Amphibians, Sun Ray Gold, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations - and you might find it all very addictive. I started with a gold pan, found color, & stepped up to a small sluice; then a high-banker - progressed to a 6" dredge. Recovered 2 lbs of gold, before California shut down dredging. Then got a White's GMT detector. After finding a couple of nice nuggets, I think I've found my niche.
Most of all, enjoy yourself out there :).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread